• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GPD177

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    Ok, so this morning at 9:00 am, I stop by the local post office to mail off a box of holsters that I had made. It's early and I am not really thinking clearly so I was a lil bit surprised to see the parking lot full of cars. Oh crap it's the week before christmas, everyone is mailing packages. Oh well my bad. So I go ahead on in and get in line. It is the busiest time of year for these guys, you would think they would be prepared but oh no. They only have 2 freaking people working the counter and by the time I was finished the line had grown to 25 to 30 people at least. Seriously WTF is wrong with these people? At this point I am ready for the entire post office to be scrapped and just privatized. I mean if they cant manage it any better than that, they just need to go.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I wish there was only 25 to 30 people in front of me, in my city it would take you days of driving by to see when the line of people wasn't outside the post office

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    They replaced two of our four counter positions with those stupid machines that nobody uses because they won't do anything people are standing in line for. Last I was in there, still only two human positions, and usually only one staffed. I'm sure somebody really smart could explain why this is better. Smart or something.

Dirc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Noblesville
    Noblesville post office is generally well staffed with friendly and helpful employees. Wait times are usually very short too. Best Post Office I've ever used on a regular basis.

No purple. Still wouldn't try carrying a gun in there.

Lancem

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    North of Ft Wayne
    Ha had to wake up my postal worker, I was probably one of the five people in today, and like you say this is the busy season... got to love them little towns...

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I have used the machine twice for mailing things and more often for stamp purchases. I'm assuming I have done it correctly because no one complained that they owned money when they got their package. :) The machine is difficult to use in the sense that it doesn't seem to ask the right questions or maybe give the appropriate responses. It should be like that "20 questions" toy. Keeps asking you questions until it gets the right answer. :) hehehe

I've driven by the Noblesville PO a few times and proceeded on down toward Fishers or the Castleton area because of the amount of cars in the parking lot. Last week, there was a line of cars just waiting to park so I kept on going. I mailed the exact same item from my UPS store the cheapest way and it cost almost $2. The same item I shipped myself from USPS was only $.64 so I don't know what the difference was but I won't be going the UPS route for such a small item again. I'm pretty sure they shipped it USPS. Maybe the charge +$1 for their service? don't know.

Whether they deliver on Saturday though probably doesn't matter too much to most folks. I know I don't really care if they deliver on Saturday other than I have to wait longer for my Netflix DVDs. :)

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    Ok, so this morning at 9:00 am, I stop by the local post office to mail off a box of holsters that I had made. It's early and I am not really thinking clearly so I was a lil bit surprised to see the parking lot full of cars. Oh crap it's the week before christmas, everyone is mailing packages. Oh well my bad. So I go ahead on in and get in line. It is the busiest time of year for these guys, you would think they would be prepared but oh no. They only have 2 freaking people working the counter and by the time I was finished the line had grown to 25 to 30 people at least. Seriously WTF is wrong with these people? At this point I am ready for the entire post office to be scrapped and just privatized. I mean if they cant manage it any better than that, they just need to go.

Hi, I noticed in your post that you make custom holsters, please PM me with the types you make, (or your website if you have one). We're having a heck of a time finding one to fit my Walther PK.380, because it has a laser sight on the bottom of the barrel that won't fit any regular holster. We've tried all over to find one, and it's been a "no go" regardless of where we check. If you can make one for me that'd be terrific, and since you're an INGO advertiser then I know I can trust you to do right by me. Thanks!

I hope you have a Merry Christmas, Happy Holiday Season, and a Very prosperous New Year!

7th Stepper

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    I've found a small percentage of Postal Workers who are genuinely good workers and realize how good they have it. Most are simply entitlement workers, who can never be fired, or terminated for their worthlessness.

BTW-that little scam about eliminating services and days, and people, was a buncha hooey to get attention and money. If you've noticed, they have pushed that issue until next summer. It'll never go anywhere. Enjoy your Saturday delivery, it isn't going anywhere.

PAMom

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    I ship via the post office nearly every day. The best solution for me has been to pay and print labels online and then schedule a carrier pickup. Downside for me is pickup request must be received by PO before 2AM.

I surely do not miss standing in line at the PO. One other downside is that you cannot print labels online for parcel post unless you use paypal shipping or stamps.com or some other shipping service.

Top Bottom