• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    There is a law suit that may one day legalize carry at the post office.

Colorado couple fight U.S. Postal Service ban on guns - latimes.com

I was not aware that the PO prohibition extended to the parking lot.

I remember back in the 70's or 80's there was a rash of postal workers shooting up post offices and their co workers.

I suppose that is reason enough to disarm the public.

I wonder if that will apply to all the new days that they wont' be open. 35,000 layoffs coming in March.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Then, as he said, your right is infringed. Man cannot take away rights, as rights come from our Creator. They are ours, from birth (some believe from fertilization) to death.

Blessings,
    Bill

oh i get that...you well lose your right to carry or have a gun.....thats all i meant by it....

Last edited:

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Then, as he said, your right is infringed. Man cannot take away rights, as rights come from our Creator. They are ours, from birth (some believe from fertilization) to death.

Blessings,
    Bill
    Interesting. A fetus with a hand gun. Maybe the little critter would have a better chance of being born! "Nurse, hand me the suction curatage and I'll just.....Argggghhhh. I've been shot!":ar15:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Interesting. A fetus with a hand gun. Maybe the little critter would have a better chance of being born! "Nurse, hand me the suction curatage and I'll just.....Argggghhhh. I've been shot!":ar15:

Not possible. Rule #2 clearly specifies you never point at anything you don't want to destroy, and there's nowhere in there that is a safe direction.

;)

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    I am sure some would shake their heads at me, but when I make my post office trips, I park on the street, put the gun in the glove compartment and walk onto the property. The way I look at it, I have so much to loose. I am a health care professional, and the thought of losing my license is too great. I know I could "lose my life" but after weighing the facts, that's the decision I made.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    color me stupid, wasn't aware that the PO was off limits. Never seen a sign there either.

You should KNOW that a federal building is by law off limit.
    You dont need to see a sign to know that, just know the law and the places where you can and cannot carry.

If you carry a gun you cannot just guess where you think you can and cannot carry.
    Firearm laws are a serious matter and if you carry in the wrong place you can lose your rights to carry/own/use firearms.

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    I thought the new law passed this past summer allowed you to carry in federal building without courthouses in them, as long as no sign was posted on the door.

*whoops*

moischmoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Noble County, IN
    I thought the new law passed this past summer allowed you to carry in federal building without courthouses in them, as long as no sign was posted on the door.

*whoops*

Are you refering to the state preemption law? That's a state law. It only applies to state, county, and city owned properties, not federal properties.

Arickosmo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Indy
    Found it...

photo.jpg

I was officially purposing though.

minx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    SW Indiana
    I have a plan...

If I am caught with firearm at post office, I will tell them I plan on mailing it. I will grab box that is provided and purchase packaging. At that point, place it in the box insure it for twice the value, and then mail it to myself.

:patriot: God bless America.

Oh, it is federal offence if anyone tampers with the package. It would be an illegal search. You could fight it in court. They would have to throw out the case.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom