• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Even on Jay Leno there is a guy talking about how we need gun control! "we don't need magazines so big you don't need to reload" Can we not take at least 24 hours to mourn before this stuff starts?! He keeps talking up the Brady Campaign like they are saints!

Amen!

But we all really know the answer to this...people in such an emotional state are more willing to "do something" or demand their legislators to do something to prevent another such event. We have a saying at work "the second liar doesn't stand a chance". Meaning the first person to control the narrative takes the high ground--whether they're correct/right or not. Gun controllers, progressives in general, know the faster they get ahead of this and can conjure up a credible "boogie-man", they'll be in a better position to take advantage of the string emotions and advance their agenda.

Credible arguements we all echo here (elimination of victim zones, place the blame on the person-not the gun, etc) are logical and it's tough for logic to trump emotion. We are "the second liar" in these scenerios...

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    No, it can't wait. We need to constantly remind people how important it is to protect our gun rights. We can't afford to wait, because our opposition won't, either.

nm0369

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Greenwood
    Just looked at MSNBC and they have released the names of all casualties. "Of the 20 kids who died, 12 were girls, and 8 were boys; all 6 adults were women, medical examiner said, adding that all victims died of multiple gunshot wounds from a rifle". Get ready for the storm....

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Just looked at MSNBC and they have released the names of all casualties. "Of the 20 kids who died, 12 were girls, and 8 were boys; all 6 adults were women, medical examiner said, adding that all victims died of multiple gunshot wounds from a rifle". Get ready for the storm....

Where did the rifle come from? First reports were of two handguns.

nm0369

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Greenwood
    Where did the rifle come from? First reports were of two handguns.

From the beginning I've been led to believe the same (Glock and Sig). It was mentioned that there was a .223 rifle found, but it was unsure whether it was used. IMO, it would be simple enough to look at the empty casings laying around and determine what he was shooting. Irregardless of the gun type, this is a horrific event and I can understand why there might be inaccuracies in the media :(

Edit - There's a video up now of interview w/chief medical examiner. At the 4:30-6:00 point they discuss weapon caliber etc...

Last edited:

srad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Elkhart/Bristol, IN
    just read multiple accounts reporting eyewitness testimony that the police led a handcuffed man in camo out from the woods behind the school. He was saying, "I didn't do it." as they led him to a squad car. Witness testimony carried on CBS, CNN, Reuters, AP, etc.

This was repeated in a number of news accounts early on but not a word of follow up about who this guy is or what he was doing dressed in camo behind the school on this day of all days.

Rifle, no rifle fired; mother worked at school, didn't work at school; brother dead, brother not dead... media really screwed the pooch again racing to get 'facts' out first.

Steeler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Clark county
    As soon as I heard about this shooting, I was hoping the weapon used wasn't an ak or ar. Looks like the ar was used.
    This may be the straw that broke the camels back.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    As soon as I heard about this shooting, I was hoping the weapon used wasn't an ak or ar. Looks like the ar was used.
    This may be the straw that broke the camels back.

No. He used two handguns, that's it. The rifle was locked in the car.

EVERYONE NEEDS TO KNOW THIS. Don't fall for the media focussing on the damn rifle. It was NOT USED.

Steeler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Clark county
    No. He used two handguns, that's it. The rifle was locked in the car.

EVERYONE NEEDS TO KNOW THIS. Don't fall for the media focussing on the damn rifle. It was NOT USED.

Fox news is now saying there were 4 weapons. One rifle found in his car, 2 handguns found with him, and the ar found with him. The coroner has stated all victims were shot with the same rifle.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Fox news is now saying there were 4 weapons. One rifle found in his car, 2 handguns found with him, and the ar found with him. The coroner has stated all victims were shot with the same rifle.

Christ, and another one is saying 6 guns.

And another one saying 4 pistols.

F*ck if anyone will know what happened with how sporadic the news is on this -_-

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    For those wondering about the weapons.
    So far I have seen
    Bushmaster .223 Semi Auto- Some say found in vehicle, some say on person. Coroner reports he used a rifle, not a handgun, for the massacre.
    Glock 9mm Model not Identified- Found on body.
    Sig P226 9mm- Found on body.
    From the above article
    45 Henry repeating rifle-unconfirmed location
    22 Marlin rifle-unconfirmed location
    30-caliber Enfield rifle-unconfirmed location.

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    I saw a video where a state officer explicitly stated that all weapons were found within his immediate vicinity. There were none left in his vehicle. I can't seem him actually carrying four rifles and two handguns.

Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    So how long will it take before we find out what really happened and what was really used? With all the technology and connections, how is it that no media outlet is able to put out reliable info?

Steeler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Clark county
    Why are WE focused on the tool? Our point is that it isn't about the tool, yes...

Your`e exactly right. For US, it really isn`t about the tool. For the anti`s it is 100% about the tool.
    The question is, how can we keep these nut jobs from getting their hands on weapons. Sadly I don`t think we can.

We are now hearing that this guy was a head case. Why in the hell did his mom have these weapons where he could access them?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clay County
    522712_147607645387681_427043729_n.jpg

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    I saw a video where a state officer explicitly stated that all weapons were found within his immediate vicinity. There were none left in his vehicle. I can't seem him actually carrying four rifles and two handguns.

I did see some video shot from a helicopter where the police took what looked like a shotgun from the trunk of the shooters car.

Top Bottom