• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    Alright, I know there are bad cops!! Just like there are bad bankers, politicians, pastors, teachers, and priests out there also. But there are also some good guys left out there. I'm not usually Mr. Positive. But I've seem some pretty negative stuff out there about my choosen profession, and would like to see some positive. There are still men and women serving in law enforcement who are hoping to make a small difference for the better in their country and community. And who are willing if needed to lay down their lives for their country and the people they are sworn to protect.
    So post a positive thing (if any) you have had with law enforcement!! If you don't have any, keep quiet and make your own thread.
    :soapbox:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Hell I have way too many to begin to list. I've been a business owner (now retired) for 25+ years and some of the best people I've ever encountered were police officers. Highland Police Dept has a couple totally awesome guys who are still with the force, Lowell has an officer who is also a town councilman who is a heck of a great guy, and Schererville has one who goes above and beyond. Those are all guys I know well. There are dozens of others I've met, but don't really know.

The good ones out number the bad ones by 100 to 1.

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    All cops that I am friends with are great guys and very pro-gun.

I have had a couple of bad experiences, but most were good. Like melensdad said, there are too many to list.

One that comes to mind is being stopped for speeding. This was at 0300 on I-40 in NC, going from Knoxville, TN to Ft. Bragg, NC. I had a formation to make by 0620. The state trooper told me to be careful and let me go with a verbal warning. I'm not sure what speed he registered in his radar, but I was close to 100 in a 70 zone. Of course, I was young, single, and stupid.

Paul

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Brownsburg
    The only positive police experience was just talking to my friend who happens to be a police officer. All the other experiences sucked.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    2 experiences:
    1. A Nihama Harbor officer pulled me over for doing 86 km/hr in a 50 (slow neighborhood). Japanese police are notoriously corrupt, but also uncaring. He noted that he liked my shirt (american writing t-shirt) and asked me how to tell people to f&*# off in English. Let me go without a demerit on my license, actually became a good drinking buddy of mine when i found he lived 2 apartments over and one floor up from me :D. Small country!

2. Bill at Eagle Creek range is a Plainfield Reserve officer. He always seems like a jovial guy (even when tired from working a shift) and is really nice to everyone, putting my view that all police are dicks to rest. That guy is +1000 in a land of -1000. Want proof? He puts up with me! :D

dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    Many good to great occasions with State police, never had a good one with a small town cop, and then mixed with larger departments but usually good.

Don't know what it is with the small towns though, no good stories to tell and these are not just from being pulled over but from talking and just asking questions.

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    I heard about a local police officer that had a FFL. I had him do a couple of transfers and mail a handgun I had sold.
    Then when I decided to build an AK47 he has been VERY helpful with that project. When discussion came around to why he does what he does he simply said that he is an american that believes in the second ammendment and just does what he can.
    Really nice guy. :thumbsup:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I somewhat enjoy hanging out with my future brothers-in-law...

One's a small-town police chief (in OH), the other is a FAM.

They're good people, for the most part, plus they really like the fact that I enjoy firearms and know how to shoot!

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    ;)
    Alright, I know there are bad cops!! Just like there are bad bankers, politicians, pastors, teachers, and priests out there also. But there are also some good guys left out there. I'm not usually Mr. Positive. But I've seem some pretty negative stuff out there about my chosen profession, and would like to see some positive. There are still men and women serving in law enforcement who are hoping to make a small difference for the better in their country and community. And who are willing if needed to lay down their lives for their country and the people they are sworn to protect.
    So post a positive thing (if any) you have had with law enforcement!! If you don't have any, keep quiet and make your own thread.
    :soapbox:

Cops are just people like any other group. You have good and bad but fortunately the bad usually end up terminated, front page news or in prison. We all have good and bad days. Personally, I never cared for traffic enforcement (utt's) but could if in a bad mood.

I always loved the guys who would say, "you can't arrest me" because that usually was an automatic arrest for FWP. I tried to use the Golden Rule as a guide line and treat everyone with respect as long as they treated me with the same. Be civil, be honest and it should go a long way with any normal rational person. I believe in Karma and the natural balance of things would always seem to work out ;)

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have had more good experiences with cops than bad. Most of the bad ones are what I consider lame traffic stops (not all of them, just the ones that it was obvious that they had nothing better to do).

Last fall my brother had a party at his house because his room mate was moving out. A Hendrick's county deputy showed up twice. Both times he was super cool with everyone, even taking a picture with my buddy. The last time he showed up he just calmly informed us that if he was called again then a ticket was going to have to be written. We packed up and went inside at that point (BTW beer pong inside is not a good idea ;) ). He could have been a chest thumping ass, but he wasn't and I appreciate that. We were all adults (though some of us a bit inebriated) and he treated us all as such.

Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    I have had more good experiences with cops than bad. Most of the bad ones are what I consider lame traffic stops (not all of them, just the ones that it was obvious that they had nothing better to do).

Last fall my brother had a party at his house because his room mate was moving out. A Hendrick's county deputy showed up twice. Both times he was super cool with everyone, even taking a picture with my buddy. The last time he showed up he just calmly informed us that if he was called again then a ticket was going to have to be written. We packed up and went inside at that point (BTW beer pong inside is not a good idea ;) ). He could have been a chest thumping ass, but he wasn't and I appreciate that. We were all adults (though some of us a bit inebriated) and he treated us all as such.
    Thanks for the feed back. Good to see there are some good expereinces out there.

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    A sheriff deputy at the Marion County courthouse helped me out. My car got towed late in the afternoon. To get the car back form the towing company required that I pay the fine. The only way to pay the fine was to go inside the count courthouse. I had a large lock-blade knife. Can't pass the metal detector with the knife and no lockers available outside the security area. Closing time is fast approaching. What to do? I approached the deputy and explained my situation. He quietly had me palm the knife to him and held it for me till I had finished my business. I may have been in violation by bringing the knife into the government building even though I hadn't crossed the metal detector. He was probably breaking some regulation somewhere but it was sure better than trying to hide an expensive knife in the bushes. A very nice guy.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Does watching the DEA guy shoot himself in the foot count? It make me smile at least a little. Which is positive right? (Glock Fortay) *snicker*

Luckily I've not had any "bad" law enforcement experiences. Just run of the mill stuff. No terribly "good" ones either.

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Another story, but doesn't involve me. A certain reserve officer I know from the range had broken up a party with a keg and underage drinkers. He offered the keg to all of the parents picking up their kids. None of them took it, but I thought it was a pretty cool gesture, not wanting to let perfectly good beer go to waste.

turkeykiller

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    lafayette
    I've been pulled over for speeding 3 times in the last 3 yrs each time I've told the officer I had a pistol in the truck, each officer thanked me for telling them and let me go wothout even a warning. HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom