• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    As a taxpayer, and most of the areas that 4-H fairs are county/state owned/managed/supported (with my tax dollars), I carry on 'my' property whenever I visit them. :p:D

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    Earlier this year a guy accidentally shot himself right outside the door of Indy 1500 show, cause he just couldnt' wait to get his derringer loaded. It's retards like this that force county fairs and other events to have to post signs prohibiting guns, due to insurance cost and responsible gun owners being lumped into the same group as this guy.

He may have been a "retard" but if he wasn't forced to unload his gun in the first place he never would've been forced to have to reload it when he was leaving therefore less likely for a ND to occur. :twocents:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    He may have been a "retard" but if he wasn't forced to unload his gun in the first place he never would've been forced to have to reload it when he was leaving therefore less likely for a ND to occur. :twocents:

Not that I disagree with you, but from what I understand, it was a new purchase and he missed the holster on his first try. When the gun dropped on the ground, it landed butt-first, and since the derringer doesn't have a firing pin block....

Doesn't change anything, though. We still shouldn't have to unload, IMHO.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    I have carried at every Porter County Fair for the last five years except this one, wasn't in town. This must be a new development.

Not a new development, you just haven't seen the signs. I've been going for 4 or 5 years and this rule has always been in place. I know I have seen signs at the North and West entrances. Obviously you were CCing and they never noticed. No big deal.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    Not that I disagree with you, but from what I understand, it was a new purchase and he missed the holster on his first try. When the gun dropped on the ground, it landed butt-first, and since the derringer doesn't have a firing pin block....

Doesn't change anything, though. We still shouldn't have to unload, IMHO.

Oops, missed the part about it being a new purchase.

Trujillo107

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    NWI
    i always carry regardless, just because you know criminals don't follow the rules and i'm not gonna get caught with my pants down. Plus i know a bunch of off duty leo's that do and i usually hang with them

RCB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Near Bedford
    I haven't went to a fair in a couple years, but generally I avoid areas that display signs that specifically forbid CCing. It's also a sign for anyone with a grudge to vent saying "no resistance here"

Top Bottom