• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I was playing with some new census data and noticed the median population center of these United States is now in western Pike County. This got me thinking about the population distribution of our group here.

Of course, all good deals in the classifieds are at least 693 miles away. I wonder, though, how hard would it be to show on a map a distribution, say by county, of the membership?

The fun would then be to bisect the population east-west and north-south to see the median population center of INGO.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :popcorn:

Is there not a google app where people can put a virtual PIN on where they live?
    I have seen this before. We could do it that way but it would require everyone in INGO to do it which may not occur. Granted the INGO DB does have the location of eveyrone.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I think it would be pretty predictable.

Consider that most members are from NWI or Indy area. Evansville population centers and FW area pop centers would probably roughly balance out. The rest outside of population centers will probably balance out pretty well. So the only real unbalance is Indy vs. NWI. So bet it would be somewhere in Northern Boone or Southern Clinton county.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois

Consider that most members are from NWI or Indy area. Evansville population centers and FW area pop centers would probably roughly balance out. The rest outside of population centers will probably balance out pretty well. So the only real unbalance is Indy vs. NWI. So bet it would be somewhere in Northern Boone or Southern Clinton county.

That was some fancy "cypherin" right there. Yup, sure was...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

WRONG CB19. The center would be in Crown Point, IN which is in LAKE COUNTY. Do you know why? Cause the NWI INGO members in keeping with the corruption level up here would double and triple vote, use "plinker" accounts to vote (ie. the dead vote) and ensure we "bus" people in from IL to sign up to INGO and vote as well. ;):laugh:

We (NWI INGO) can't let you win you know. :rockwoot:

Von Sidhe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2010
    Crown Point
    WRONG CB19. The center would be in Crown Point, IN which is in LAKE COUNTY. Do you know why? Cause the NWI INGO members in keeping with the corruption level up here would double and triple vote, use "plinker" accounts to vote (ie. the dead vote) and ensure we "bus" people in from IL to sign up to INGO and vote as well. ;):laugh:

Thats right, NWI FTW!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Granted the INGO DB does have the location of eveyrone.

Er...no, it doesn't. It only has the information that you've put in. If you haven't put your location in your postbit, the DB doesn't have it. Even an IP address is not a reliable indicator of physical location.

POC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    West Baden, IN

I thought you were gonna say because Chicago SUCKS SO HARD it would skew all the results that direction....:D

Top Bottom