• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryanbr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Logansport
    dont get me wrong i love the conversation MOST times but my local shop that closed his doors seems all they did was talk about people all the time nothing ever positive that i heard either . Now on the other hand i go to Downham and Sons here in logansport and they have alot of regulars and man they are the nicest people around , friendly and just love to chat and drink all of dougs coffee lol ...they never stand in your way and if they do , you ask and they will move ...you have to have the regulars where would you be without them ?

Must be Jims? Loved when he would always say guess I p***ed him off when some one left!:dunno:

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    I have no idea who you are referring to, but we encourage our customers to come in and make themselves comfortable. We cater to people who want customer service and want their questions answered in a comfortable environment. Our shop is small, so if another customer walks in and wants to look around I will handle it one of 2 ways:

1. If I am helping a customer in the midst of a sale and paperwork I will ask the other person if they are looking for anything specific. If they just want to look around I tell them I will be right with them or may even hand them what they tell me they are looking for.

2. We don't get a lot of BS'ers who hang out for hours. But anyone who is not actively engaged in a sale/paperwork usually is very polite and will get out of the way. If not, I politely guide them so the next potential customer can look around.

Our store is run much like a jewelry store. Our customers can (if they want to) come in and sit down and get a consultation for free and get good information with no pressure. We are educators. That's what we do at IGS. If they are 'old pros' that just want to look around, they can do that too. In fact some people look at me weird when I invite them to sit and make themselves comfortable, lol!

We try to keep our inventory online so you can see it. If you need to put 'hands on' come on in! We are not a Wal-Mart. (Although by our prices you may think so!) We serve our customers in the order they come in. Nearly everyone is met with a handshake and introduction. That's how we do business. It's different than other shops. We wanted it that way. It's our plan to cater to a certain market, but everyone (law abiding) is welcome.

4x4

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Look I dont care how many people are sitting in anybodys shop, as long as they arent blocking the merchandise just to BS. Let them behind the counter or something. They were blocking half of the guns on display with their chairs.

jcharrison05

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 13, 2011
    Richmond
    I have learned a few things from the regulars and have not ran into someone that wouldnt get out of my way to look at something. I like going to a shop where u can go and hang out or feel welcome at. It makes spending money easier. Im a younger guy and always open to listening to an old timer to learn something I didnt know. Thats just me though. Thanks to all the local shops that offer this! Keep it up!

Top Bottom