• jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    You're kidding, right?

Clearly I wasn't insinuating that they had to be males. "Bad guys" is a pretty common phrase.

Yes 38 I was joking. Just recall a 20/20 show about a month ago in which they interviewed a group of CONVICTED cheerleaders who were senior cheerleaders by day but armed robbers (hitting gas stations) by night! Some of them were honor students and came from well to do families (ie rich kids).

The image stuck in my mind when you said bad guys. :D

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I have never been to you guys store. I might stop in someday just to check you guys out. Do you only specialize in shotgun accessories? I think it may have been you when I called enqiring on a tlr-1s a month or so ago.

We deal in more than shotgunning items. We are slowly building up our stock of handguns and accessories.
    if you talked to a female, it was me. :D
    How distracted was I that day? I try so hard to stop for 2 seconds when I am on the phone, just not always easy to do. :dunno:

We don't even leave cash in our drawer at night. Guns and cash are all locked. You can never be to safe.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    Yes 38 I was joking. Just recall a 20/20 show about a month ago in which they interviewed a group of CONVICTED cheerleaders who were senior cheerleaders by day but armed robbers (hitting gas stations) by night! Some of them were honor students and came from well to do families (ie rich kids).

Haha nice...I remember seeing that too. Wildly unusual, as most gangs are male, but possible no less!

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Finally, a steal at Pop's...

Zing! I love it. I'm halfway expecting a new member from Pop's to get on here and explain how awful we are to make fun of their misfortune and to try to get sympathy from us. It's happened on here like twice already.

You guys have to understand, the $100 guns at Pop's were probably price marked for $400, so they thought they were stealing decent stuff, LOL. :laugh:

rwbrown

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2009
    Kind of curious as to why they would snatch specifically handguns when Pop's has a decent inventory of rifles. I guess if they targeted some of the higher end 1911s it'd make sense.

And these guys definitely knew what they were doing. I used to work at the AT&T store on East Washington Street (maybe 2 miles from Pop's), and our store was broken into multiple times. It usually took the police between 3-4 minutes to arrive at the store once the alarm went off. One of the articles said these guys left between 2-3 minutes.. these guys definitely weren't amateurs.
    don't give them more credit than they deserve it doesn't take a brain to figure out the cops are going to get there pretty quick. it was a simple smash and grab. it's not the first time thats happened.as far as pop's goes like em or not they are honest business people unlike the punks that broke in.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East

I saw that movie :D

Mike_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    ""When they tore the cash register out, they shorted out the POS service so they shorted out a $10,000 to $15,000 server," said Hilton."

I smell something on that part of the article. Hmm.

Astrocreep

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indy
    I got a good deal at Pop's about 5 years ago...
    I've also been robbed there a few times.

Good thing the gun laws here don't apply to criminals, or the kids that have been knocking off these gun shops would be in real trouble!

I don't get why people are upset about making light of the robbery there.
    What are we supposed to do? be all sad and mopey that they got a few cheapo guns stolen?
    Yeah, it stinks that some new guns made their way to the street, but in the big scheme of things, this doesn't amount to a hill of beans.

At least they didn't steal anything really dangerous...

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    I just watched the surveillance video posted on Fox 59.

Nobody deserves to be robbed but if you are in a high crime area with a high likelihood of being a victim of such a crime you should take the responsibility of having more protection and or equipment to prevent the crime from taking place. Smash and grab or not you can bet the criminals had been in the store previously and checked it out for alarms, cameras, register placement etc.

It doesn't take a brain surgeon to know if you sell guns some idiot is going to try and burglarize your business. With this kind of surveillance it makes you wonder whether the merchant doesn't really want the shenanigans of the criminals or themselves caught on tape.

Its not as if there isn't enough profit margin there to buy a couple hundred dollars worth of cameras with decent clarity.

dustjunky2000

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Greenfield
    Decided to go with the 'Self-Checkout' method after being ignored for an hour at the counter.

Also,

$100 guns at POPS? So the thieves got away with a couple of cheaply made Airsoft pistols?

Sorry but I just can't feel sorry for POPS after seeing the way customers are treated there and their outrageous prices. Yeah, I do hate thieves and I do hope they get caught and they throw em away for a LOOOOONG time, but the fact that it happened to POPS doesn't concern me in the least. :dunno:

bigo334

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 5, 2010
    Greenfield
    they just had a thing on the history channel right b4 it happened on gangland anbout a gang that started doin that in the mid 90s i think i thought its was a little weird that it happened like 2 day after it showed it in the history channel:rolleyes:

CB45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Insurance

I don't know what their cost of insurance is... But I can only imagine that its going to increase now. That just means increase in prices... ultimately its the customers who are going to be paying more. Thats sad. They were already really expensive. I hope their range prices don't go up anymore.

762minigun

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indianapolis SS BG
    Some of you'all confuse me. Even though you may not like (or even despise) Pop's, that break-in put weapons in the hands of thugs/criminals and yet you still find this as an opportunity to put a dig in on Pop's. That kind of talk in these circumctances is for amatuers and those that are self righteous.

I've only been a member here for a few months but, in that short time, i've seen a change, (as has already been mentioned) and not for the better.

The house needs cleaned!

smartass.gif

No we trash talk Pop's all the time.

:dunno:I see we have some POP Haters here........sure I have had some nice and not so nice events associated with the place since 1992 and their old place, by far I have always got a good deal or two, and son of a gun, I was just in there 1PM yesterday to get my monthly "FIX", I got the LEO 1/2 price off special, and looking at my receipt, was on the range 11 mins shooting 100 rds 50 .9mm and 50 .40 out of four GLOCKS, gee I come mag loaded and dont screw around I guess, like the after hours customers, I got in and got out, :): but I feel sorry for them, getting hit like that, just want to be around one time when *******s like that are around:draw:.
    So no matter if you like POPS or not where else you gonna :ar15:in the winter?!?

I hope the ass clowns who robbed the place get caught, so I can send them some Vaseline and Chapstick on their birthdays in Michigan City.:patriot:

I hope the POS's that did it get caught too.

You're obviously LEO/MIL of some sort. Pop Guns and it's employees tends to treat us civilians without badges alot differently. I refuse to go into the shop or recommend them for anything.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom