• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 55spartan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Southern IN
    Does anyone know the policy at Pop's about collecting your brass back up, because I reload??? Do they have a problem with that? If they do, are there any other ranges in the area that don't have a problem with it???

mjrducky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    North Liberty, IN
    Your free to pick up your brass as long as its behind the yellow line.
    (I usually sweep all the brass out front past the yellow line before I start shooting that way I know anything in reach is mine)

Ask your neighbors if they reload and your free to pick theres up as well.
    Because sometimes your brass ends up behind the other shooters and good luck telling whos is whos sometimes.

a5-50

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    They make a fortune on selling the brass to reloading companys. Once or twice a year they close down the range to clean it from what I hear.

a5-50

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    It might be lead that I was was thinking of. I read it on their message board a few years ago.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I always police my own brass at Pop's. It's a revenue stream for them, but I've never caught heat about it.

They close for lead recovery. At one point i heard that they collect up to 70,000 lbs of lead each time. Brass is cleaned up very regularly. If they dind't clean it up daily you wouldn't be able to shoot after a few weeks.

scheesman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Indy
    And if you read their web site, they got screwed over by the last lead harvester they brought it. Harvested all the lead, didn't pay for the labor, or for the lead!

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    It's sad that they got ripped off like that. However, it's also pretty sad they didn't have a legally binding contract with bonded and insured workers.

It takes some cojones to rip off a gun shop.:xmad:

55spartan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Southern IN
    Hey guy's thanks for the heads up on this. I know Pop's catches grief on here for their high prices and sales attitudes, maybe for a good reason too. I just didn't know if they would try and profit off of your own brass also.

silentvoice71

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Ft Wayne IN
    Some of the ranges i go to if there are more people there other than me I offer to sweep their area and clean it if i can keep there brass......They always say its ok....I havent met anyone yet who reloads at the range lol.

Top Bottom