• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Pops Family Indoor Range aka PopsGuns at one time on Washington Strret at Post Road in Indy is closed.
    Dang it I needed my weekly range time today. Sign on the door says owners have retired, and new owners are remodeling, all previous range memberships like mine will be honored by new owners of the new Gun Bunker gun shop.
    No idea how long before they re open.
    Guess I will have to wait till next weekend at the cabin in Michigan during deer season.

I was just in there last week and renewed my membership last month!?!

why am I always the last to know? They didn't just decide to renew under new management last night?!?

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Mike sold the business to his son. the guy who owns that fun place in greenfield.... I doubt they stay closed long, and I would imagine they will still honor your years membership.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Yeah, sign says previous memberships will be honored, but dang it I had a bunch of ammo I got from INGO member MiCo I was ready to shoot up.
    Me and Mr. Glocktalk will have to wait a week till I get to deer camp up in Kalkaska Mi.

Mustang1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2015
    Westfield
    I haven't been to Pops in years, last time I went was when I was in or just out of college. If you guys are looking for an indoor range might try either Tim's in Westfield or Point Blank in Carmel. I haven't been to either yet but know a few people that have gone to each. Or try Indy Arms off of 55th and Keystone, didn't know he had a range until I got talking to him at the last gun show. I believe it is indoor and has both pistol and rifle ranges.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    I had stopped in on Sunday and they said they were hoping to be open by today. I was going to try and stop in tomorrow afternoon. I have range coins left over from a Groupon. I'd be shocked if they didn't honor them. I have always had very good customer service when there. The place did need a fresh coat of paint. I'm looking forward to seeing how they freshen it up.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Not such a bad thing, unless you had a membership. The only slimier place I've bought a gun, or tried to, was either Don's, or the other guy, down by the river with the car with a big trunk!

Ngdonut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    Not such a bad thing, unless you had a membership. The only slimier place I've bought a gun, or tried to, was either Don's, or the other guy, down by the river with the car with a big trunk!

Yeah I can't say I would miss that place. I stopped going to PopGuns the second Highsmith opened in Greenfield. The last time I went to Pops, I had to wait for an hour to finally shoot, only to leave prematurely because the guy next to me was banging his gun around and looking down the barrel because it was jammed.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    Try the new range up by 56th & Keystone or up to Carmel at Point Blank.
    Highsmith's range in Greenfield is nice too.
    I have not shot at Pop's in years. Never was much impressed with that place.
    I hope they remodel it and improve the quality of the range.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I was soooooo excited until I read on to find out they would re-open...

that place sucks.

The only possible consolation is that its essentially a new shop in the same spot. At least I HOPE so. I used to drive clear across town back in the day to avoid Dons. I either lived in Brownsburg or near St Vincents and would go there to avoid the closer ghetto shop. Then I had incidents on the range where I was waiting and kept geting bumped by members walking on, and then standing for 10 minutes because the idiot behind the counter made me wait for another customer to fill out his 4473 when all I wanted to do was hand the clerk cash for my accessory purchase. (our transaction could have been completed before the old guy finished the form) RUDE!!!!!

I MIGHT go back if they cleaned house with the transfer of ownership since it isnt far from my office. But if the new owner kept the staff (especially the old codger), there is no way in hell I'll darken their door. Not with Bradis, my membership at Proteq, and the fine folks over at Parabellum. Plenty of better places to shop and shoot.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Does the membership come with one of these?

7955a271-bea5-4b55-b27f-030f507c3e6a_400.jpg

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    We all have our favorites, I have always been treated well there, and if they are back up, I need to blast a few.
    My luck I am down at the VAMC today, and put my range bag back in the house.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Staff there has always been hit or miss with me. Great to wrong info, happy to rude. C
    Gun Pricing C-
    Range pricing B+
    Range D+. I couldn't breath last time there. The time before that froze my rear off and would have been better to shoot outside at fcvcc. They really need an RSO to prevent people getting swept by loaded weapons & loading guns at the tables.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I live right around the corner and don't even consider it a place to go. I go to Washington Square mall far more often than Pops.

Top Bottom