• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ipswervy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Somewhere Indiana
    I shoot there often. I have a membership and the facility is usually in good repair. They are open every day. The staff is friendly.

+1 to don't buy your ammo at the range. That is exactly like buying a quart of oil at the gas station, and then complaining about the price.
    I've been to Popguns three times, first time only issue was some ass loading his guns on the back bench then turning into his lane to shoot. Second time the deflector plate to protect the rail on the target holder flew off when I brought it in to put my target on, it hit me on the collar bone and put two minor cuts on my arm. Third time I had to stop when the rail stopped working and one stopped working prior to my getting a lane.
    When I left two out of six lane were out of commission. I'll go back again, I can't be that jinxed. I've bought ammo at the range but thats my fault for not bringing enough, so I can't complain.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I visited popguns and got ignored. This was Saturday and people were in line for the range. Nothing worth going back for really.

Trading post range can only handle Handgun calibers. They need to upgrade thier backstop.

They wont upgrade it, look at the general population for the area, they were smart but not getting any money from me.

Mpmike, what makes you think that Brian at Indly Trading Post won't upgrade his range? Do you know something I don't? I know for a fact that he has continued to work on that range since the day he opened it, from upgrading the ventilation ( with more improvements planned), to continuous improvements on the back stop! Stay tuned to his thread for new updates coming soon!

Just out of curiosity, what is " the general population for the area"? And what does that have to do with an owner making improvements on his business?

serf

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Greenwood
    Itp wasnt bad. Wife and i shot there a week ago and all went well... cept for the carrier she blasted. Must say she hit it dead center and bent it in half. Their ammo and gun rentals were reasonable even though i didnt partake.

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    Itp wasnt bad. Wife and i shot there a week ago and all went well... cept for the carrier she blasted. Must say she hit it dead center and bent it in half. Their ammo and gun rentals were reasonable even though i didnt partake.

ITP is one of our favorite places. All the guys are great to me and my partner, which trust me, doesn't happen everywhere. (We love Bradis too.). I've heard nothing but poor reviews/experiences about Pops. I've personally not been there, but Becky said they ignored her for quite awhile. I've also heard where members line hop in front of non-members no matter how long they have waited in line for the range. Not for me, thank you. :noway:

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Indy Gun shop on Madison Ave with range did the same to me. $35 for a box of cheap .45.
    I'd just spent over $800 in there. Last $ I will ever give them.
    Boycott the high priced stuff. I go out of my way anymore not to pay the high prices.

Harry, are you talking about ITP? I'm there on average a day or two per week, and know that their range ammo in .45 cal. is about $23 for 50 rounds!
    So if you really payed $35 for a box of ammo, I'd say either someone mistakenly rang it up or you got defense ammo and not " cheap .45"! If you did get charged too much, I would bet that if you take your receipt back in, that Brian would be more than happy to straighten it out for you!
    Like has been said above, a store does need to make a profit, otherwise they couldn't stay in business! And in Brian's defense, he has some of the best prices in town on everything in his store, and the range prices are the best I've ever found anywhere in the city!
    That being said, who wouldn't question being charged too much for something... At any store?:dunno:

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I have never been to Pops. The vast majority of what I read on here is negative about Pops. The people I have actually talked to have all had bad things to say about it. One day I am going to have to check it out for myself. But for the moment I trust the majority on here and wont go out of my way to experience Pops.

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    I let a friend of mine take me to popguns. Got ready to shoot and realized I had no. 380 ammo for my sig. Told the Guy to give me the cheapest ammo he had for 380. He toodles to pay after. (God I'm stupid) so after shooting I noticed that he charged me 33 bucks for a box of .380 RWS!!!! WTH! THIS IS 20 DOLLAR AMMO AT MOST SHOPS IVE SEEN. Wont be going back there again. I know it was my own fault but come on!

Well I was there today and did the same! BUT I ASKED HOW MUCH BEFORE, So I knew what i was getting into! I realized they would have me by my balls but i needed to break in a "new to me gun" It was 29 a box. Later today i was at gander mountain. the cheapest box of 50 was 24.00 where the most expensive was 45.00 for box 50 bs Remington hollows. Rule of thumb. Range ammo much more than else where. I only paid 5 more than at gander.. At bradis i paided 21 for a box of 25 .380 zombie max.. So.. Go figure!
    .380 ammo isn't cheap anywhere and won't be! Unless your buying in crazy bulk!:twocents:

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I sent an email saying asking if ITP range could handle 30-06 and he said no, but he wants to upgrade backstop.

never the mind, BGF is looking to get a backstop that can handle up to 300 win mag. That should be enough for anyone except portable cannon owners. LOL:rockwoot:

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    I found the quote...

Mike Hilton, of Pop Guns, called the plan asinine. "It's kind of cowboy action. It's little children playing," he said. "The general population is intimidated by firearms, so why cause a problem?"

Some say Indianapolis' 'Black Friday' open-carry walk is too provocative | Outdoor Life
    Wow that is just slightly disappointing. :( I can see his angle too.. But no one should fear guns.. Unless the business end is pointed at them.. And why would a lawful citizen do such a thing for no reason..... thinking, thinking, thinking... THEY WOULDN'T.. Only individuals with ill intent would ever do such a thing like that!! Society has a word for those individuals criminals... Someone just carrying a gun is not a criminal!

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    +1 to don't buy your ammo at the range. That is exactly like buying a quart of oil at the gas station, and then complaining about the price.
    that's funny. the valvoline full synthetic at my local gas america is actually cheaper than at autozone and walmart. hmm

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    that's funny. the valvoline full synthetic at my local gas america is actually cheaper than at autozone and walmart. hmm
    They still make money off of it, just not as much... Thing is, if you stop there to get that cheaper oil you're probably going to get something else too (gas, a drink, etc).

Top Bottom