Please reply by conversation.

JBLee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Northside Indy Suburbs
    Mike,

Thank you for taking the bull by the horns. I hope you will use this opportunity constructively. I have given your business more than one chance to provide a retail friendly environment and will not be able to do so again, to be frank, your store has such a bad reputation with "gun people" around town it's hard for me to believe you are only now addressing the situation, but I do respect the way you have responded to this incident here on the web.

Best of luck, Jim

Last edited:

zcam630

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Somewhere
    I think the comments you made about Indygunworks are unfair and with out fact.

First, I'm pretty sure that Nick is not trying to make a living at gunsmithing. He has a great career that I know personally he would not trade anything for. He has a passion for firearms and helping people get the most out of their firearms. Is he a full blown, certified, degree holding, master of gunsmithing, no, is he learning and has he been learning, Yes. He apprentices under a reputable gunsmith. If he has confidence in Nick, then who are you to say other wise. I have had work done by Nick and have great confidence in what he does. I find him to be a wealth of knowledge and call him with questions on pretty much anything.

Just remember Mike that you have not really posted here much, but you want to "call out" a member who has a good reputation here. Poor form in my book

"Unity for Eternity":ar15:

Last edited by a moderator:

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Bought a gun there. Bought a gun bag there. Transferred a gun there. Went back and got the transfer info after it was stolen. No problems here with pop's. Buyer beware is all I can say. Caveat Emptor.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Mike at [URL="http://www.popguns.com;784883" said:
    www.popguns.com;784883[/URL]]
    • Very basic firearms knowledge
    • No Training
    • No experience.

first :welcome:

i have no experiance with pops guns what so ever. i dont even know where there store is as i rarly go to indy. so i have no comment on your customer service.

my comment is on your attacks on nick. nick is not your average big gunsmith shop that will forget what you told them or not be done with your gun when he says he will. he is a workingmans gunsmith he isn't the guy who says "are you the guy with x gun in the store. what did you want done to it." he is the guy who knows you by your first name and if he says it will be done on tuesday usually its ready on monday but defintally not wensday or ?.

he also doesn't want big money for his work although the quality he puts on your gun deserve big money. not to long ago i was looking at haveing a firarm painted. the best quote i got was 250ish most were 300+. im not goint to say what nick charged me but i will say it was less than half what most wanted and the work was just outstanding. he kept in touch with me through the process.

i live about 1.5 hr from him and had him do work for me on a pistol. i couldn't make it to indy for a week or 2 and he said. well im going close to your house (he was going about 30-45 min out of his way) if you want ill bring it down and drop it off. now before anyone says "he probably just wanted his money" i had already paid for it. he had nothing to gain by going out of his way to drop it off. try and get a bigger gunsmith to do that. not to mention do that at no extra charge.

obviously you haven't talked to nick in a long time. today his firarms knowlege is greater than most anyone i know. i cant tell you the amount of time nick has spent on the phone talking out my next project with him and bouncing ideas off him. and when he tells me somthing about a gun i usto say "does he know what he is talking about" and go look it up. ive given up my pursute of proving him wrong since its never happened.

from what i gather pops guns is a established good sized gun shop. (correct me if im wrong) what do they have to gain by attacking the little guy. nick cant be doing that much damage to your business. i buy-remodel-and sell houses. i 8-10 houses a year and this is like the folks from those home remodeling shows saying "vette doesn't know what he is doing go with us" my business is not a drop in there bucket so why would they waste there time attacking me.

ok rant over you guys send your business where ever you want ill stick with indygunworks

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Mike at [url said:
    www.popguns.com;784883][/url]
    I have personally gone thru the posting

However with Michaels renewed interest the plan is for Michael to take over the ownership of the retail store in the near future.

You said you planned to go into gunsmithing and wanted the store to send work with you and have them send ou business. I think I warned you that making a living on Gunsmithing can be brutal and you shoud rethink it.

I hope your business does well for you. As I am not aware of any formal training you've taken since,we still can not in good concious recommend your company for custom work.

However, I would be more than happy to help you twick your website at no charge. I reviewed the coding of your site and there a few basic corrections which would help your ranking.

Seems to be the same Pop's guy to me :dunno:

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Mike at [url said:
    However, I would be more than happy to help you tweak your website at no charge. I reviewed the coding of your site and there a few basic corrections which would help your ranking.

Why would you need a part time IT guy if you know how to do it yourself? Since you do run a drop ship internet site and all :dunno:

The funny thing is no matter what you say Mike, INGO is about 7000 members strong and in a poll I would venture to say that Nick's Business with:

Very basic firearms knowledge
    No Training
    No experience.

Would stomp your's with approval ratings!

Nick does have:

• Good work ethics
    • Quality First
    • Honesty
    • Fair Prices
    • Customer first approach
    These are the characteristics that the store formally known as Pop's doesn't have.

Good Day Sir :rolleyes:

Last edited:

TheLoneRaider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Phoenix
    Mike @ Pops
    yoda.jpg

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Mike at [url said:
    However, I would be more than happy to help you tweak your website at no charge. I reviewed the coding of your site and there a few basic corrections which would help your ranking.

Just like you helped out Tactical Shotgunner Right?!? It's a small world Mike.

Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    I used to shoot at Pop's all the time. I even endured the gangster shooting going on around me and shot's ricocheting off the posts and everything else. But I finally got fed up with the service myself. Every single time in there I was treated poorly. It was always a burden to help me get a spot on the range, even when i was a member. I finally decided I would rather endure the cold and shoot outside then deal with the attitude I got when I went in there.

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    Some of my meds cause me to be a bit less inhibited and many times what ever I am thinking comes out of my mouth. I'm sure you've heard the joking saying " Did I say that out loud"

Then I don't think you belong around guns. If you can’t control your body, I don’t want to be around someone who can’t control themselves around firearms.

The service I received is unacceptable, I realize it is in the process of being changed. But either drastic training, or a complete change of staff is mandatory. You have lost my business.

However, I do wish you all the best of luck, and maybe if I hear through word of mouth things have changed I may venture back around one day. Until then its Bradis, Crack shot, and Ace and Ricos.

Last edited:

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    I must say - this is quite a bit more eloquently written and definitely the right approach when it comes to dealing with customers.

That said, my wallet makes my decisions and while you're right - you must make a profit - I can find much better prices elsewhere and will continue to do so. The service I received was lacking, but that doesn't mean you can't change that. Normally, I'm inclined to give a 2nd chance, but there is TOO MUCH evidence that this is status quo at your store. Even so, I have had very good luck elsewhere with service AND pricing, and I'll continue to take that route.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    In a fog
    Ok, here's a positive one. Went to Pops once to look around for another semi. Don't know who the gentleman was behind the encounter, but he was helpful and knowledgeable. Our discussion some how moved to shotguns, and he was gracious and gave me a few self defense tips that I appreciated.
    Of course, I didn't buy anything (their prices were high) and I've never been back but it wasn't because of the service.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom