• ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    No...these were like the banners you get for Bobcat Steel at top of the screen. Like in the above, where I quoted your previous message, the Bobcat Steel banner would be just above or below your text in that quote box. It wasn't really bothering me. I just figured it was an advertising perk Fenway decided to sell to advertisers.

I wish I could say I had something to do with that....but I do not. I think they were playing around with stuff like this for non supporters a couple months back, but I thought that had stopped?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I got another one today. Full page references to things for sale. It happens when I shift pages or jump to another forum. Damned annoying.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I don't get anything on mine. I noticed that when I use other computers there are banners across the top for advertisers but I don't get any of those here. :dunno:

danbb

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    Cedar Lake
    I had something similar on a friend's computer, it took a while but I ended up working for a little over an hour to find what was causing it. If you are getting it on Chrome, look in tools, then extensions, and see if there are any browser extensions you do not recognize. If you use IE, get firefox or chrome. Install adbock plus and enjoy a much more beautiful and faster internet. You probably want to press the windows key+r, type msconfig, and check your startup programs, for mine it was a virus starting itself as a random dll, using rundll.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I had something similar on a friend's computer, it took a while but I ended up working for a little over an hour to find what was causing it. If you are getting it on Chrome, look in tools, then extensions, and see if there are any browser extensions you do not recognize. If you use IE, get firefox or chrome. Install adbock plus and enjoy a much more beautiful and faster internet. You probably want to press the windows key+r, type msconfig, and check your startup programs, for mine it was a virus starting itself as a random dll, using rundll.

As my Google Fu is weak I do not understand any of what you just posted but man I am impressed...really.

I am able to use a computer but not a lot more.........:D

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom