• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    You could also get with a member of Marion Co. Fish & Game & go there as a guest. $10 per person & you could probably get a bay all to yourselves.

I want to check this place out. Tues night they have a board meeting. Anyone know how this place works. If you join, can you go and find yourself shooting alone at an odd hour?

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Thanks for setting the record straight. I heard about it from a member in my party and I was a bit misinformed on some of the details. My beef is not so much with you, but the policy they have.

To others: I understand it to be their policy and I also understand that If I shoot there, I am subject to their rules for their range, but I do not have to like the way they do business. That is my point, I do not like the way they operate.

Heh.

I wondered if this would pop up on the forums...
    I was the one that bought the membership. My brother was there with me, and he didn't buy a membership; he's only 17.

It wasn't so that we could skip you guys; I was going to buy one anyway. The guy behind the counter joked about it at first, but then when I affirmed that I wanted to buy a membership he was pretty incredulous: "you're going to buy a membership just so you can shoot tonight?"

"Nope. It just happens to work out that way."

You guys looked like you had fun, despite my interference. Looked like lots of new shooters. Do you mind if I ask what was the occasion?

nomadicmutt

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 9, 2012
    Thanks for setting the record straight. I heard about it from a member in my party and I was a bit misinformed on some of the details. My beef is not so much with you, but the policy they have.

To others: I understand it to be their policy and I also understand that If I shoot there, I am subject to their rules for their range, but I do not have to like the way they do business. That is my point, I do not like the way they operate.

I appreciate your civility. I really didn't mean to ruin anyone's day. If you feel gypped, I'll happily take you on my membership for free anytime and cover your "2nd person" fee.
    Shooting alone is never a lot of fun, and I can always learn something new from someone else.

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    I want to check this place out. Tues night they have a board meeting. Anyone know how this place works. If you join, can you go and find yourself shooting alone at an odd hour?

I joined MCFG at the beginning of this year. I have only been there a couple of times, but both of them were at odd hours. Just a few people there. Great facility and very strict on the rules (which is good) since you are actually shooting toward I465.
    It has been a good experience so far and if they ever get heat in the covered shooting lanes it would be really cool in the winter as well. Maybe I should start a fund drive for that.:)

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    Add more love posts to Indy Trading Post.

Places like Eagle Creek are GREAT if you're wanting to shoot more or larger caliber...
    Otherwise, I would never go to Pops Guns over Indy Trading Post.

ITP all the way for a small, very private-like in-door pistol caliber range with good people! :rockwoot:

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I am a POP GUN range member and shoot every other thursday around 1:15, as a member I can call and ask for an appointment, or get to the top of the list (usualy behind other members), sometimes, there is no wait, lastthursday I waited an hour.
    I would have left, but am now in Wyoming without a chance to shoot for two weeks, UGGHHHH! Plenty of open range here, and no opportunity to blast away.
    Been here almost a day (Casper area) have not seen one Buffalo or Grizzly Bear, whats up with that, where do you suppose they are hiding them? Headed out to Rock Springs and next week Sheridan, if theres a LGS along the way I am there.

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    We are good. I do not hold gudges and I am not a bitter person. I appreciate the offer!
    Isn't it great when we can discuss both sides and still maintain respect!!!
    Take it easy!

I appreciate your civility. I really didn't mean to ruin anyone's day. If you feel gypped, I'll happily take you on my membership for free anytime and cover your "2nd person" fee.
    Shooting alone is never a lot of fun, and I can always learn something new from someone else.

Ryno300

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2009
    Fly over country
    Stand up offer. :yesway: :ingo:

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville

Stand up offer here, this is why INGO is a great community!

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Seems like I read somewhere that ECPR provides targets for free as well - like, all you need. Is this correct?

I think that is correct, I've only shot there once, and we took special targets with us that day so I'm not 100% sure ( just 99.9999% sure).
    Also some nice guys and the boss, Guy, at ECPR!

Yes ECPR provides free targets for you to use, I am one of the RSO's. they are just simple bulls-eyes. Your are also more than welcome to bring your own targets if you like. we see a lot of zombie targets.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World

You may find yourself alone but with over a thousand active members the chances of being alone are slim. we have two shooting bays and a main range with a lot of lanes. you shouldn't have to wait to shoot.

I believe you come and go whenever you like once you are a member.

shooting hours are 9am(I think) to dusk or 10PM (whichever occurs first). the range is closed on Thursday mornings for maintenance. other than that check the schedule for events and you can shoot at the times you please.

I joined MCFG at the beginning of this year. I have only been there a couple of times, but both of them were at odd hours. Just a few people there. Great facility and very strict on the rules (which is good) since you are actually shooting toward I465.
    It has been a good experience so far and if they ever get heat in the covered shooting lanes it would be really cool in the winter as well. Maybe I should start a fund drive for that.:)
    If you go to a board meeting and tell them you want to pay for heaters to be put on the main range they would do it in a second. I can almost 99.9% Guarantee it.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Hopefully Beech Grove firearms can relive the presure on all the ranges. BGF sounds like they have a good range in the works.

Still I would like to see a decently priced outdoor range somewhere near Marion County. Something like Knob Creek is to Louisville

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Add more love posts to Indy Trading Post.

Places like Eagle Creek are GREAT if you're wanting to shoot more or larger caliber...
    Otherwise, I would never go to Pops Guns over Indy Trading Post.

ITP all the way for a small, very private-like in-door pistol caliber range with good people! :rockwoot:

Yes sir I was there this afternoon. Great little indoor range. I like the way the staff goes out of their way to be helpful.

Bahrutile

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2012
    I enjoy shooting at ITP, I refuse to ever do business with dons, I've never been to pops, I love attibury, and thinking of getting a membership at MCFG cause I only live like two blocks from there

cam75

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2011
    I like the range at Indy Trading Post, it is small, 5 lanes. However, the guys there are friendly and appreciate your business. I have never felt that POP guns gave a crap about anything but $$$$!

+1

my wife and went there a few weekends ago. Very friendly guys. only 5 lanes, but it was nice.

My wife tried my 1911 and shot the target hanger (mangled it). The guys didn't charge us. Since I bought a box of ammo and targets they didn't charge us for two people on the lane either.

Top Bottom