• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Springfield XD(M) 9mm or S&W M&P 9mm or Glock 17/34?

• Total voters

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Very much so, yes. You commented on the XD i think. Hi :):

Chizzle, whichever one I end up with will make it to FNS, as it's kinda the whole point! :D

Rimfire, It was just under $90. Paid for 1 lane with 3 people, $11 gun rental (still a heck of a deal, imho) and 1 box of .40 and i think one box of 9mm. An extra $16 was spent in cash on another box of 9mm. We were there for approx 2 hrs? give or take...

I was going to ask that as well... thanks for sharing :ingo:

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Voted.

EDIT: I guess I should say why I voted how I did. I own a Glock and I like it, but your Range Report gave me the impression that you didn't feel that it was that great. It seemed like you enjoyed the other two, and actually they are both great pistols; can't go wrong with either. That said, I have heard good things about the M&P, and I've always liked Smith and Wesson. Again, you probably won't go wrong with either choice, but I say go with the M&P.

Turn Key

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm not "defending" the Glock 17 BUT, I have rented Pops pistols before and I doubt they clean them except maybe a yearly at best, if ever.

It's nice to be able to rent the variety they have though:yesway:

Pop's do keep up on their rental gun cleaning and maintenance on a regular basis. :+1: for Pop Guns

TK

rwbrown

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2009
    i've been to popp guns a few times. i like the shooting range but i thought the sign saying that if you shoot anything but brass you would be banned for life a little over the top.i also have a friend who went there to do some shooting ,he got there a little early so he and few other people were waiting outside the door the gentleman who was opening up showed up late when he got there he told them they needed to back away from the door unless they wanted to get shot.doesn't seem to me like a way to run a business

Grizhicks

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    New Palestine
    While I carry (when I can) & shoot IDPA with an XDm-9, I voted for the M&P. Having shot both, would go with either (good deal on the XDm). I'm not a Glock guy (just don't like the way they feel), you can't go wrong with any on your list. Just get the one YOU shoot the best. -- Greg

acetylcholine

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    Ive been watching too many videos. I'm second-guessing my take on the P226 now, but it just felt a little too big for my hand, but that could have been the .40 recoil messing with my head.

I was at Plainfield Shooting Supply yesterday to grab another 10/22 mag for FNS, and man was it crowded! I did manage to hold an M&P9 and an ... XDM9 (ive got a cold, i forget if it was the M) and both fit my hand great. The younger guy behind the counter called them all "glock clones" and he said he'd go with the glock, but that's so not happening.

I'm also kicking myself for not finding that L-1 route to my LTCH, as all this stuff is fresh in my head now and I only recently applied :xmad:

Top Bottom