• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jstiz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 31, 2012
    Greensburg
    I just added in the panic buying and bought a couple polymers lowers. Its all I could find right now in stock. I have never used one of these and reviews aren't awful but just curious everyone's opinion on them.

One I bought is for my 22 upper but will the others work for 223:dunno:.

THANKS!

mj.elder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    No problem with them on 22. skeptical on 223 even though ive put 500+ rounds through one. ive seen and read about them cracking in the mag well and where the stock attaches

ottoclicker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2011
    I have a polymer lower and it has functioned flawlessly so far. I have put approx. 1000 rounds through it.
    I also know others who have the polymers with more rounds through theirs than mine and no problems either. So you should be fine. These are all New Frontier .223 rifles I have experience with.

natestyle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 11, 2012
    Kokomo
    I had plumb crazy on m&p 5.45 and the spring wouldn't shoot must of the rounds. I had to run them through twice to fire. guy at work has them on .223 uppers and hasn't had problem

Checkfoo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I've got a New Frontier with a metal parts. Thing is awesome. I've shot enough rounds and abused it to the point that I fail to see the benefit of aluminum anymore.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I just added in the panic buying and bought a couple polymers lowers. Its all I could find right now in stock. I have never used one of these and reviews aren't awful but just curious everyone's opinion on them.

THANKS!

I've been using polymer lowers for several years without any issues. I have 3 of them and have had zero problems. One has a 7.62x39 upper, the other two have 5.56 uppers.

All of mine are Cavalry Arms brand lowers, which are full polymer lowers that include the reciever, grip and buttstock. Cav Arms lowers have been used in competitive shooting events for years. I've got some New Frontier Arms lowers on order, it will be interesting to compare them for durability.

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    Something to think about...

The SCAR 16s and 17s both use polymer lowers. Now, the design is slightly different, as is FN's polymer recipe (assumed), and there are no issues that I've heard of with the those lower receivers, despite the shock profile of each of those weapon systems... Polymer has come along way in the last 10 years... I'd say you're good to go, OP.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Just ordered one a couple of days ago before they ran out when New Frontier put up a limited quantity. Got an email today telling me it was shipped.

I've been contemplating trying one of these polymer lowers for quite awhile, even before this recent run on everything AR.

Should get it in a couple of days, we'll see.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    I have heard that a few people have had issues with the pins walking out after a few hundred rounds when using full power rifle ammo. It seems that if you happen to have that issue, then a set of KNS pins like these will fix it up for ya.

KNS Precision Non-Rotating Trigger & Hammer Pins

Just have to spend the extra $$ to get them.

I have the KNS pins on both my AR-15's that have aluminum lowers just because I think they look cool. They also give me a little comfort that my pins will not spin over the years and wallow out the pin holes. But in reality that is pretty rare. I mostly like the looks. 2nd type of cool.

LionsFan1911Man

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2012
    Where did you find it?

THANKS!

I would be interested in pricin g these out. Any good places to start online?

LuckyOne

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 8, 2013
    Parke County, IN
    With the experience in lowers please advise. Would one be better to spend $100 on a stripped polymer lower, or $275 on a Mag Tactical aluminum stripped lower?

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    With the experience in lowers please advise. Would one be better to spend $100 on a stripped polymer lower, or $275 on a Mag Tactical aluminum stripped lower?

I'd like to know as well. The posts here are mostly positive, which is good. But I still want to tag this thread for more feedback. ;)

Top Bottom