• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BtG

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 11, 2013
    west central
    Hey there, new guy here. I am curious about the different political views of the forum. How many of you guys are Republican, Democrat, Libertarian, or other. By the way, if your "just a moderate" which way do you lean. Personally, I am a libertarian. I'm new to the state of Indiana. I've been living here for about a year. I got married and moved myself and my new wife out of the peoples republic of Illinois. I've got to say, minus the blue laws I absolutely love it here. I can't believe how much more freedom there is here. It's absolutely astounding.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    80 percent Republican, 15 percent liberal...and 5 percent people who are primarily motivated by hatred of authority or religion. Otherwise known as Libertarians.

I just made that up. (12 angry Libertarian responses to follow...):):

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    I can't tell you all that I am because my deeply held personal convictions are considered inappropriate for this gun forum. If I did tell you the way I "lean" this post would be closed. So .... there's not as much "freedom" as you might think.

Polished515

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Muncie
    Welcome to Indiana friend! Indiana is a great place to be IMO, hopefully you take full advantage of your rights in this great state.
    As for political affiliation, I tend to keep that kind of information private as my views tend to range depending on the hour ;)

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Conservative. The political party "lines" are so skewed I no longer consider any of them mine.

Pretty much states my politics, too. My politics grow out of my biblical worldview which is based on the presupposition that there is a God who has revealed himself in the Bible. Everything else is derived from the Book using a literal, grammatical hermeneutic—just as we use to interpret a post on INGO. My politics is simply the application of that worldview and belief system to daily life. No current political party fits perfectly with my worldview and belief system, so I cannot accept any currently popular party or label.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Sorta this...
    Conservative. The political party "lines" are so skewed I no longer consider any of them mine.

...and sorta this.
    Pretty much states my politics, too. My politics grow out of my biblical worldview which is based on the presupposition that there is a God who has revealed himself in the Bible. Everything else is derived from the Book using a literal, grammatical hermeneutic—just as we use to interpret a post on INGO. My politics is simply the application of that worldview and belief system to daily life. No current political party fits perfectly with my worldview and belief system, so I cannot accept any currently popular party or label.

I believe in the original meaning of the Constitution, not the 20th and 21st century interpretations of things such as the commerce clause, the so called "separation of church and state", full faith and credit, etc.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Remember what you left and why. I see some people move here, then start demanding some of the stuff they had before.

i am pretty similar to many of the conservatives above.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I believe in the original meaning of the Constitution, not the 20th and 21st century interpretations of things such as the commerce clause, the so called "separation of church and state", full faith and credit, etc.

Well said. Very well said. Vital difference between the modern interpretation and the actual intent of the original authors.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Welcome to Indiana and to the forum. I am a transplant as well, but I've lived here a few years. Politically I'm a pragmatic conservatarian individualist.

Top Bottom