Not open for further replies.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    13435405_1585619511730713_655765810443802955_n.jpg
    Good gravy. My wife does 6 times past the same point in 2 hours, easily, just running errands.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

Good gravy. My wife does 6 times past the same point in 2 hours, easily, just running errands.

You're missing the point. If you make the law stupid enough and restrictive enough, you can set up a situation in which it is not possible to tell the .gov to **** off because you are not doing anything wrong, as it is virtually impossible to not be doing *something* wrong, therefore, you are free of retribution at the .gov's pleasure rather than exempt from it by virtue of your proper behavior. This allows the .gov to impose completely arbitrary control over most everyone who is not comatose.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Hmmm.
    So want to use that in a Facebook argument.
    But then I wouldn't "convince" him.
    Not that that seems possible.
    I'd go with the standard "rights aren't determined by need", and follow that up with "Nevertheless 'need' isn't determined by you. You're not qualified."

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    You're missing the point. If you make the law stupid enough and restrictive enough, you can set up a situation in which it is not possible to tell the .gov to **** off because you are not doing anything wrong, as it is virtually impossible to not be doing *something* wrong, therefore, you are free of retribution at the .gov's pleasure rather than exempt from it by virtue of your proper behavior. This allows the .gov to impose completely arbitrary control over most everyone who is not comatose.

Yeah. That idea has been around for a while.

L. Gordon Crovitz: You Commit Three Felonies a Day - WSJ

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I wish that our president thought and spoke this way. This is a great man.

[video=youtube;7FBqTgNb5MA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FBqTgNb5MA[/video]

"...All people deserve respect,deserve dignity."

I would only add,"...until they don't, by their actions."

The killers at any and all of the mass murders deserve no dignity, no respect. They deserve to die in ignominy, or better, anonymity.

Otherwise, he is absolutely correct. Treat people as people, as we ourselves wish to be treated, until they (individually) prove themselves undeserving of that.

Someone undeserving has proven him/herself so by maliciously doing harm to others, IMHO.

Blessings,
    Bill

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom