Not open for further replies.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    We all know how the internet is ("Bonjour!") and so I went looking for this quote's veracity. Apparently, Ms. Carlson was fired from the VT State Senate in 1994, having introduced a bill to create a gun registry and waiting period, but the "quote" started showing up no earlier than 2002, on Reddit. (source: multiple, including Snopes, and yes, I know their bias)

In other words, she denies having said it and there's no record to prove she did, but that doesn't mean she didn't and doesn't believe it. I post this not to Denny the post, but so that the rest of us don't "Liberty's Teeth" it like we sometimes do the thing about Germany from Hitler in 1938. (Both are debunked quotes, with no sources for them found and the Hitler one having no legislation proposed that would give rise to the statement.)

I do think we should hold politicians accountable for things they really do wrong, just as we should anyone, but I don't believe in making stuff up (not referring specifically to daddyusmaximus, who posted but did not create this meme) to do it. Usually, people like that have plenty of things they HAVE done and said for which we can hold them accountable.

Blessings,
    Bill

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    With all the people in Vermont carrying... is this political suicide?

Vermont is actually a pretty liberal place, from what I understand, not having been there. They have Leahy and Sanders as senators now and such businesses as "Ben and Jerry's". Politically, the gun thing is an anomaly there. Still, it's an important anomaly because it's a right that people do exercise, so I can see how you'd ask that question.

Apparently, it WAS political suicide for her. Good riddance, but the two rectal apertures in place now aren't far from that ideal, just smart enough to not say anything about it.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    16602679_1436701173036167_224190471120362283_n.jpg

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    We all know how the internet is ("Bonjour!") and so I went looking for this quote's veracity. Apparently, Ms. Carlson was fired from the VT State Senate in 1994, having introduced a bill to create a gun registry and waiting period, but the "quote" started showing up no earlier than 2002, on Reddit. (source: multiple, including Snopes, and yes, I know their bias)

In other words, she denies having said it and there's no record to prove she did, but that doesn't mean she didn't and doesn't believe it. I post this not to Denny the post, but so that the rest of us don't "Liberty's Teeth" it like we sometimes do the thing about Germany from Hitler in 1938. (Both are debunked quotes, with no sources for them found and the Hitler one having no legislation proposed that would give rise to the statement.)

I do think we should hold politicians accountable for things they really do wrong, just as we should anyone, but I don't believe in making stuff up (not referring specifically to daddyusmaximus, who posted but did not create this meme) to do it. Usually, people like that have plenty of things they HAVE done and said for which we can hold them accountable.

Blessings,
    Bill

Well, I looked it up.
    It is possible, maybe even likely, fabricated.

Introducing gun control in Vermont can be hazardous.
    Yes I know they're liberal (as a conglomerate), but they stick by their guns.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

Blessings,
    Bill

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom