code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So says the guy who can't spell "vice".

And who put you in charge of what's OK?

The internet can handle it. Somehow you figured out what I was saying. The world hasn't melted. Carry on.

"It's okay." Sometimes it's just a description of reality.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    'omage sounds like a sound out of an anime' movie. Or a pachinko machine.

But, I don't think the internet gives a pass when you are berating someone and misspell at the same time. There's a word for that.....

[video=youtube_share;yUfec8S10MI]http://youtu.be/yUfec8S10MI[/video]

Please note it is Jan 31 and I have yet to criticize any actions of Prez Trump. That leaves me no choice but to improve grammar on the net.

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

But, I don't think the internet gives a pass when you are berating someone and misspell at the same time. There's a word for that.....

Please note it is Jan 31 and I have yet to criticize any actions of Prez Trump. That leaves me no choice but to improve grammar on the net.

You need to chill.

You made a remark about something I said being gay. I didn't call you on it, but someone politely gave you a nudge to lighten up a little and you get bent out of shape.

This is an in thread warning, every time from now on that I see you slap someone I am going to report it to the mods.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Lol.....I never understood this.

Neither do they.

So says the guy who can't spell "vice".

giphy.gif

And who put you in charge of what's OK?

The internet can handle it. Somehow you figured out what I was saying. The world hasn't melted. Carry on.

"It's okay." Sometimes it's just a description of reality.

Guys, guys.... I razz people about spelling and grammar, too. Nonetheless, it really is ok. I also have been victim (or perpetrator) of a typo or several, and if I get razzed for it, then I do. Jamil is right: there are no catastrophes resulting from a misspelling or grammatical lapse on these forums. I try, but I'm far from the only one here who doesn't speak the proverbial "Queen's English".

There is even an intentional error in this post. If you feel you must crack on someone's post for such as that, you may feel free to pick on this post. There will be no penalty for pointing out errors of that nature. Good manners and polite, civil discourse remain an expectation, however, along with the other long-standing INGO site rules.

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    You may make whatever reports you wish. I should note, however, the lack of necessity, at least in some cases: I was tapping my above reply out on my phone as you typed this. If you've reported his post already, I've not seen it.

Another tactic would be to use your ignore lists. That's why vBulletin has them.

Civility and polite discourse is not to much to ask of adults.
    Those who insist upon acting like children may expect to be sent to stand in the corner.

Blessings,
    Bill

You need to chill.

You made a remark about something I said being gay. I didn't call you on it, but someone politely gave you a nudge to lighten up a little and you get bent out of shape.

This is an in thread warning, every time from now on that I see you slap someone I am going to report it to the mods.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

So I call up Paul Ryan one day and tell him I'm writing a novel. I say to him "Hey, Saul!" I know his name is Paul but I use the wrong name on purpose so he knows I'm in charge (not that he needs reminding), this is outlined in chapter four of my book The Art of the Deal, a bestseller by the way.

So I tell Saul I'm writing a novel, but not just any novel. Mine is about the wizarding world. Here's the twist: the wizards aren't people, they're kats. I know, I know, it's great.
    Saul doesn't say anything at first. He knows I let Baron punch him in the d*** every time he talks over me, so he's careful. I taught him that. It's part of what makes me so successful. No one ever talks over me. No one. Or else they get punched in the d*** by Baron.

He's silent for a few minutes. Maybe three, maybe four. I don't know, I was tweeting at Matt Damon at the time. He finally says something. He says "Isn't that kind of like Harry Potter, Mr. Trump?"

I laugh at this. I like Saul, I do. He's a good egg. But between you and me, he's not the sharpest tool in the shed. And if there's one thing I know about, it's tool sharpening. I actually have my own chain of tool sharpeners. When I bought them, they were losing money. Now they make a lot of money for me and for other people as well. On top of that, the tools we use are 100% American made by children in Taiwan.

So I tell Saul I've never read these Harry Potter books, and I have no plans to. I'm told this J.K. Rowling broad is an overrated hack anyway. I tell Saul that maybe his stupid ears didn't pick up the part about the kats. You need to speak slow to Saul or else he gets confused.

So I wait for him to catch up. It's fine, I've got plenty of time. As I do, I make a mental note to my secretary to de-fund any animal shelters that spay or neuter kats. If the kats have a problem with it, they can head south to Canada with the rest of the liberals.

Finally, he gets it. He understands the genius of it. He's crying now. Not the first time I've heard Saul cry. My employees tend to get emotional around me. That's to be expected when you're as successful and handsome as me.

Anyway, I tell Saul to work me up some storyboards - this novel will have pictures - and to give me a rough draft by Friday and a completed version by Saturday. That's the deal.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom