• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Forget it and keep doing what you're doing.

Oddly, Indiana, which was instrumental with the troops sent and sacrifices made in preserving the Union, has a strangely high number of "Lost Causers"....not that I am accusing anyone here of that.

Well, Indiana University published the book on them:

The Myth of the Lost Cause and Civil War History

9780253222664_med.jpg

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Forget it and keep doing what you're doing.

Oddly, Indiana, which was instrumental with the troops sent and sacrifices made in preserving the Union, has a strangely high number of "Lost Causers"....not that I am accusing anyone here of that.
    Morgan's stragglers that got separated and stayed? :dunno:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Interesting theory! Perhaps those that thought of this theory are those that are behind the conspiracies.

On a scale from 1 to 10 from no chance to absolurtely, here'e what I think:

Panel #1- Las Vegas - 0 (less than no chance)
    Panel #2- Fake News- 5 (some truth, but overstated)
    Panel #3- Seth Rich - 2 (highly doubtful and who cares)
    Panel #4- Climate Change- 7 (Climate change? Yes, always has been. Attributed to man? Not proven. inducing panic for money? Absolutely)
    Panel #5- Obama and Islam- 3 (Agnostic who favors all "oppressed persons" over "Western Civilization", not a Muslim)
    Panel #6- Globalists- 9 (C'mon)
    Panels #7-9- Conspiracies- 8 on the profit part, 1 on the "your own interests" part.

...and none of these are what could accurately be called a "conspiracy" as the term is normally understood.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Panel #4- Climate Change- 7 (Climate change? Yes, always has been. Attributed to man? Not proven. inducing panic for money? Absolutely)
    Panel #5- Obama and Islam- 3 (Agnostic who favors all "oppressed persons" over "Western Civilization", not a Muslim)
    Panels #7-9- Conspiracies- 8 on the profit part, 1 on the "your own interests" part.

...and none of these are what could accurately be called a "conspiracy" as the term is normally understood.

Really? Given the nature of how govt traditionally retained power, I'd put that at a 9.99. Has there ever been a govt, in the history of the world, that has not falsely accused a group to rally it's people (or at least some of them)?

Liberty1916

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2017
    Home

Exactly. I was thinking - um.....isn't the climate change issue pretty much true?

And funny on #5, I have a couple of relatives that think Obama is a Muslim. I try to point out that like all good leftists, he's really an atheist who hates America.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Really? Given the nature of how govt traditionally retained power, I'd put that at a 9.99. Has there ever been a govt, in the history of the world, that has not falsely accused a group to rally it's people (or at least some of them)?

In referring to "against their own interests", I was speaking on whether these things are really "against your own interest"

Voting against onerous regulation for the sake of climate change- not AGAINST your interest.
    Voting against people who want to cede US sovereignty and engage in gun control- not AGAINST your interest

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    In referring to "against their own interests", I was speaking on whether these things are realy "against your own interest"

Voting against onerous regulation for the sake of climate change- not AGAINST your interest.
    Voting against people who want to cede US sovereignty and engage in gun control- not AGAINST your interest

One would argue this is a symptom of tribalism. For example, switch to the opposite opinion of the two examples you listed. Would you call that "against your interests?"

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    One would argue this is a symptom of tribalism. For example, switch to the opposite opinion of the two examples you listed. Would you call that "against your interests?"

With these two examples, my assessment was not based upon "tribalism".

I fail to see the broad interests of the populace being served by stunting economic growth and disarming...no matter who you are.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    With these two examples, my assessment was not based upon "tribalism".

I fail to see the broad interests of the populace being served by stunting economic growth and disarming...no matter who you are.

You will concede, I assume, that this is an opinion, and that others have opinions to the contrary right? And if you're saying yours isn't an opinion, but fact, then by default you are saying that people who think the opposite are simply wrong. They, of course, would disagree. Hence tribalism.

sprmario123

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    Muncie

I am going to have to argue with that point. Researchers don't really make money by supporting climate change. With grants getting harder and harder to get, if anything, those that are against climate change can get a good deal of grants from groups that will benefit from making it seem like there is dispute among scientists (there isn't). So sell your soul and scientific integrity to Shell or Exxon and get funding or struggle to report what your data tells you.

Also, we can never prove anything, we can only support it with facts and conclusions made from data collected or what certain processes may bring about.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom