4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    22219972_10215371592391780_4913499705292190385_o.jpg

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    There is a miniseries coming soon about Waco. :xmad: I will never not be pissed off about that travesty.

Really? I'll be looking forward to seeing whether it's accurate or a liberal Hollywood hack job.

I still remember when I was a member of the NRA Board and I was attending a small meeting where we were shown some photos taken by Texas Rangers at the Waco site.

Colonel Rex Applegate identified several objects in the photos as empty casings from the .40mm encendiary shells that the FBI had used to set fire to the complex.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills

Really? I'll be looking forward to seeing whether it's accurate or a liberal Hollywood hack job.

I still remember when I was a member of the NRA Board and I was attending a small meeting where we were shown some photos taken by Texas Rangers at the Waco site.

Colonel Rex Applegate identified several objects in the photos as empty casings from the .40mm encendiary shells that the FBI had used to set fire to the complex.

There are no such thing as 40mm "Incendiary" rounds. He could have shown you casings from smoke rounds, or anti-personel rounds that inadvertantly started the fires. If the FBI had really wanted to start fires with their 40mm launchers, then I guess they could have fired flares, but even those are not considered to be Incendiary rounds.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis

.40mm is about .15 caliber; less than 1/2 the size of a 9mm pistol bullet.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    I concede my typo.

My point remains that Colonel Applegate positively identified the rounds as incendiaries. His expertise in such matters was quite well known.

He also specifically referred to them as "black contract" items that the FBI would never publicly acknowledge possessing since they could never have legal justification for using them.

I'm recalling this from some years past. It is quite possible that they were 37mm. If memory serves civilian law enforcement uses 37 while the military uses 40.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I read at the time they were either CS or smoke grenades (I think gas, but I'm not 100% sure anymore - it's been a while now), not "incendiary". The rounds they used burn stuff to put out the smoke/gas, but thats the extent of it. I just now went around Google looking for 40mm incendiary grenades and couldn't find any evidence that such a thing exists. I found HE, HEDP, smoke, flares, CS, Starburst, even thermobaric, training and dummy rounds, but nothing listed as "incendiary".

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    That last one belongs in the Facepalm Thread.

Bumperstock? Seriously?

And how many "children" were at that concert in Vegas?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom