94570952_2718648241686407_5071696248692539392_o.jpg

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Oh come on now... You can't seriously expect to employ logic to combat the leftists now can you?

and ^^^^^ this is REALLY started to bother me. I became embroiled in a discussion with family, and was accused of "trapping them in a logical argument to support my position by the questions I ask". I thought that was called critical thinking and challenging the speakers position.

I am becoming more depressed, as I become convinced that this experiment has failed. Too many of our citizens just simply do not understand the ideological basis of this nation, nor that ignoring that ideology destroys it and all they are reaping from it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    and ^^^^^ this is REALLY started to bother me. I became embroiled in a discussion with family, and was accused of "trapping them in a logical argument to support my position by the questions I ask". I thought that was called critical thinking and challenging the speakers position.

I am becoming more depressed, as I become convinced that this experiment has failed. Too many of our citizens just simply do not understand the ideological basis of this nation, nor that ignoring that ideology destroys it and all they are reaping from it.

That's because they keep rewriting history, so that the true history is no longer taught in public education.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    That's because they keep rewriting history, so that the true history is no longer taught in public education.

True.
    I remember when I discovered the difference in how Civil War history was presented in our Ohio history books than in Alabama history books.
    I had a teacher friend in Alabama who held quite a different view.
    I remember thinking of why these point & counter-point different Northern/Southern viewpoints were not discussed openly.
    Just a "generic" point of how history is retold depending on who is telling it, even in the same country.
    Just imagine how in a country that controls the complete educational system rewrites history to their benefit.

As a Social Studies teacher of 5 decades, I have seen the content change to a generic telling of history, leaving out foundational items that inspires and promotes heroes that advanced the American ideals of character, sacrifice & patriotism.

I remember the same thing in the literature books used in English classes.
    All the readings used to have character-building stories for the students highlighting moral views.
    That had already changed for the most part by the 70s, but I had an older literature book & remember the difference.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    True.
    I remember when I discovered the difference in how Civil War history was presented in our Ohio history books than in Alabama history books.
    I had a teacher friend in Alabama who held quite a different view.
    I remember thinking of why these point & counter-point different Northern/Southern viewpoints were not discussed openly.
    Just a "generic" point of how history is retold depending on who is telling it, even in the same country.
    Just imagine how in a country that controls the complete educational system rewrites history to their benefit.

As a Social Studies teacher of 5 decades, I have seen the content change to a generic telling of history, leaving out foundational items that inspires and promotes heroes that advanced the American ideals of character, sacrifice & patriotism.

I remember the same thing in the literature books used in English classes.
    All the readings used to have character-building stories for the students highlighting moral views.
    That had already changed for the most part by the 70s, but I had an older literature book & remember the difference.

Yes, you did get to see it first hand and how it changed over the years. It's not been a change for the better IMHO.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I used to collect old books and had them for mu kids to read while they were growing up. Over the last few years I have donated most of them to the library of our school.

Two that I have kept ate The boys book of verse and Lest we forget.

At least two of my kids used Hats off the flag is passing by, to recite in school.

Lest we forget is a book of stories from World War I.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    My mom was an elementary school teacher for 30+ years but retired 6-7 years ago. She was one of the good teachers (Pennsylvania Teacher of the Year Finalist in 1995) that put effort into developing lesson plans and actually teaching. Towards the end of her career she lamented a lot of the younger teachers who would show up 5 minutes before the bell rang and left 5 minutes after the kids did. She also would complain about schools pushing pre-packaged lesson plans they district would purchase from the education companies.

We were talking the other day and we got onto the subject of public schools and indoctrination. She simply doesn't believe it's a coordinated effort. I brought up an example of a lesson my kid's teacher sent home last year (first grade) about the Constitution. I was upset because the lesson explicitly claimed the Constitution (and thereby Government) granted us our rights. I explained to my daughter how backwards this was, that we are born with certain rights and the Constitution explicitly prevents government from infringement. I also wrote a note to the teacher calling this out.

I chalk this up to indoctrination.and believe schools are purposefully planting this idea early to willfully misrepresent what the Constitution is. My ex-teacher mother kept trying to dismiss it away, saying things like, "well it's a complex topic that first graders won't really understand anyway" or "maybe the teacher was simply confused about the role of the Constitution."

She would not accept my argument that if the concept is too difficult for kids to grasp then why teach it to them at that grade level? Why not wait until they are old enough to learn it the right way? She also didn't seem to understand that this was not some one off assignment the teacher created herself. It was clearly part of a full lesson designed and developed by one of the big education companies, complete with copyright info on the bottom of the paper.

Obligatory pic:

bumper-sticker-my-kid-is-honor-student-as-dumbed-down-government-indoctrination-camp.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Btheking
    Top Bottom