Not open for further replies.

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    84460541_776186456205070_4116135951695085568_n.jpg
    The Hildebeest doesn’t tweet, it either cackles or screeches.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    If it wouldn't get me thrown in jail for assault, I'd smack the next one that calls me a boomer right between the eyes stating, "There's your Boom"

If a person is so small minded, prejudiced, and lacking is self-awareness to call me a "boomer," why should I care what they say? (At first, I typed "what they think," but it's obvious they don't think.)

I also don't care if they call me a rhinoceros, a stop sign, or a cracker. I am none of those things and they only demonstrate their ignorance and small-minded prejudice by their words. They are beneath being noticed except to pity their miserable existence.

As Mr. T used to say, "I pity the fool."

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Just how often are you called boomer? And electronically (i.e. online) or spoken to a group doesn't count.

Twice to my face, once because of my perceived age by an late teen early twenty something because I was patiently awaiting to talk to someone about a TV at Best buy and he just cuts in front of me and starts talking, I said "excuse me". he turns and fires off "OK Boomer". The second time I was talking to my nephew and one of his friends walks up and buts in, my nephew took care of that one.

I ignore online, it's now become a defacto response to anyone they perceive as older than them.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Just how often are you called boomer? And electronically (i.e. online) or spoken to a group doesn't count.

Good point. I might have been called a boomer on here or elsewhere online, really don't remember, but never even once in the real world.

The real world and the Internet world are two entirely different beasts, 99% unrelated.

John Gabriel's Greater Internet Dickwad Theory rarely surfaces in the real world. People are far more comfortable being dicks when they can hide behind anonymity.

Even I, at the ripe young age of 33, have been called a boomer online. Though I do have the music taste of a boomer, and I'm happy with that.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Good point. I might have been called a boomer on here or elsewhere online, really don't remember, but never even once in the real world.

It happens often enough at work. It's all for yucks though. I call them Millennials. It evens out.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Thats the age getting to you, you know it’s bad when you mistake boner for boomer? But at your age, stiff only applies to competition!;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom