Political funny pictures thread, part IV. Bring on the leather!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    As a youngster I always liked listening to the more humorous WW2 stories told by relatives. I think my favorite was about being in France well after the invasion and breaking into a French building to get wine for himself and friends. Filling his jacket and pants with bottles he was walking down a road with vehicles on it when it was strafed by German planes. He remembered being more worried about breaking the bottles while running than getting hit by bullets. He always laughed and said I would find as I grew older that a young man's perspectives on what's important change over time.:)

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    My Father in Law was a SGT in the Army in Texas when Pearl Harbor was hit. They sent his unit to the Aleutians. He was from the hills in Kentucky, knew everything, done evrything and constantly told everyone about life. We figured we knew all about him because he talked so much. He never really said much about the war.

One day it was just him and I having breakfast. He was at the point he needed help with daily life. He started to talk, for 4 hours. I heard the amazing , terrifying truth from him. All the men he lost and things he did. How he still carried guilt for much of it. He was one of the greatest generation and took care of his family with a passion. After I asked his children and they had never heard this.

I wished it could have been recorded, he died a year later. It really humbled me.

Don

Have been friends with a couple different Vets over the years. WWII, Korea, Vietnam, and Gulf. Being a good listener they all have a story to tell itÂ’s a matter when they want to tell it. Sometimes the stories sorta slip out, others the tellers get distant and most of the time, I figure, they leave out many details. My friend from WWII was just over 100 when he passed recently and was sharp as a tack, his nephew told me never heard his stories. I heard some from him and some from others that also knew him. So it occurs to me that it is a healing process to let some things go from time to time.

One of them I don’t think he would mind if I told it. He just back to Germany from England after being wounded. This was sometime during the battle of the bulge. They were standing the chow line knee deep in snow. He looked over there was a guy standing there without any boots on. He asked the guy next to him “what’s he doing over there with no boots on? The guy replied “Oh, he just wants to get out here!

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I still have a third reich banknote for 1 or 2 million marks around here somewhere that my Dad picked up when they went into a freshly bombed town where the bank was hit. Probably worth maybe a dollar to a collector.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    As a youngster I always liked listening to the more humorous WW2 stories told by relatives...

When I was a wee lad, my grandpa would take me to his local AMVETS post in Lakeview, Ohio. It was one of my favorite things about staying at grandma and grandpa's house.

Oh the stories those old farts could tell. That, and they all bought me candy and all the pop I could drink.:laugh:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    From my experience with vets, generally those that talk the most, did the least. I used to know a "D-Day" vet who hit the beach on June 15th! I think every hat & shirt he owned had "D-Day Vet" emblazoned on them, but it seemed like "stolen valor" to me, since he DID NOT land on D-Day, just the same beach nine days later.
    I understand this. I know 2 Army guys who both went through Ranger School and both earned their rocker. Now one was assigned to the Battalion and the other was a Reserve who never was. Can you guess which one NEVER talked about his deployments ad which one owns every piece of Ranger clothing made and wears them every day? My FIL was a Marine in Vietnam '69-'70, NEVER talked about the horrors he lived in that time. He was proud to be a Marine but only had a USMC hat he'd wear from time to time and nothing more. No Vietnam hat and before he passed away in January, he made it very clear that he did not want anything military related at his showing or funeral. He reasoning was that he did not want his life defined by his service. He went on to have a family and raise 4 girls. THAT defined him. I bet there are many vets who feel the same way. What they did AFTER their service was more important to them.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    I still have a third reich banknote for 1 or 2 million marks around here somewhere that my Dad picked up when they went into a freshly bombed town where the bank was hit. Probably worth maybe a dollar to a collector.

I have (10) $100,000,000,000,000 Zimbabwean making me a Quadrillionaire!

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    The past is past. Over a cocktail discussions (even regaling stories) might ensue, confronted with blatant ignorance comments might be made. But the past is the past and I don't live there anymore.

Of course I didn't get stuck in HS or college either; don't wear class rings or wear identifying shirts or fret over some games outcome, that's all past. What I am doing today, what I will do tomorrow; those matter.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Well this thread has taken a hilarious turn.

Funny pics folks.

308864-6da7cee2d9c6d9fbebab23c523e8be9b.jpg

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    One more Vet story...

My papaw served in North Africa, Sicily and Italy during the war...One day he said this...

"Did I ever tell you boy how Italian soldiers surrender?

"No sir..."

He lifted his hands over his head as if holding a rifle and said,

"New York! New York!!!! Got cousin in New York!!!"

"I swear son every G.D. Italian I met, civilian or soldier had a cousin in New York..."

lf

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom