340w.jpg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    A judge asked Michael Cohen to name his clients, after he claimed he had there. Two were named, but there was pushback on naming the third. Cohen then named Hannity. Hannity says he's not a client of Cohen, despite Cohen naming him, and also Hannity is trying to claim attorney/client privilege.

People who are willing to believe that Cohen simply gave Hannity of "advice," haven't quite been able to explain why (if that's true) Cohen would list him as a "client." Lawyers give advice all the time, yet this is the first time that type of advice given to Hannity by Cohn, which Hannity has implied as minor, enables him to be outed (by Cohen as a client). When Houghmade and Fargo give relatively minor advice, here on INGO, are they expected to list us as clients? Besides the fact that Hannity has been staunchly defending Cohen, in light of their relationship, the above is problematic. "Anti-Trumper" legal minds Alan Dershowitz and Judge Napolitano both agree that Hannity should have disclosed this relationshi. .

I hate the word “problematic”. It was once useful but has recently morphed into a standard in SJW catchphrases, to mean “something is a problem, but we can’t articulate logically why, without sounding really bat**** crazy.”

But we can articulate what is “problematic” about Hanity’s relationship with Cohen. A pundit has an apparent conflict of interest when he “pundits” for a Lawyer he is a client of, without disclosing the relationship. That’s why we often hear pundits saying things like, “full disclosure, xyz is my butt buddy...” Hanity would have been fine if he’d have said up front, “full disclosure, I have sought legal/whatever advice from Cohen in the past.” It’s not saying anything inappropriate about the relationship. It tends to invalidate Hanity’s defense of Cohen.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    A judge asked Michael Cohen to name his clients, after he claimed he had there. Two were named, but there was pushback on naming the third. Cohen then named Hannity. Hannity says he's not a client of Cohen, despite Cohen naming him, and also Hannity is trying to claim attorney/client privilege.

People who are willing to believe that Cohen simply gave Hannity of "advice," haven't quite been able to explain why (if that's true) Cohen would list him as a "client." Lawyers give advice all the time, yet this is the first time that type of advice given to Hannity by Cohn, which Hannity has implied as minor, enables him to be outed (by Cohen as a client). When Houghmade and Fargo give relatively minor advice, here on INGO, are they expected to list us as clients? Besides the fact that Hannity has been staunchly defending Cohen, in light of their relationship, the above is problematic. "Anti-Trumper" legal minds Alan Dershowitz and Judge Napolitano both agree that Hannity should have disclosed this relationship.

So it's like Jake Tapper and the folks at CNN taking talking points from the DNC? Is that the kind of conflict of interest we're talking about?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So it's like Jake Tapper and the folks at CNN taking talking points from the DNC? Is that the kind of conflict of interest we're talking about?

It doesn't not appear to be the same. Jake Tapper and the DNC haven't been outed as sharing lawyers, denying that they were a client, and then trying to invoke attorney/client privilege. If you're asking if Tapper shills for the left, like Hannity this for the right; then yeah, I'll go with that.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    It doesn't not appear to be the same. Jake Tapper and the DNC haven't been outed as sharing lawyers, denying that they were a client, and then trying to invoke attorney/client privilege. If you're asking if Tapper shills for the left, like Hannity this for the right; then yeah, I'll go with that.

I see no difference. Both suffered hits to their already questionable integrity by carrying water for their chosen team. Hannity is being nailed to the wall while Tapper's incident was completely ignored by the MSM. So, business as usual.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I see no difference. Both suffered hits to their already questionable integrity by carrying water for their chosen team. Hannity is being nailed to the wall while Tapper's incident was completely ignored by the MSM. So, business as usual.

Perhaps I've forgotten, or missed it. What exactly did Jake Tapper do?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

It's not like Tapper gave the debate questions in advance or anything... or meeting on the tarmac to make sure and investigation into criminal activity only became a matter... I mean come on!

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Can the back and forth, you will never change their mind or accept their premise.

Your arguments are not funny pictures.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom