• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Yes. I place value on the lives of everyone. Even though I don't profess to be a Christian, isn't this a Christian principle?

I also understand that we can't save everyone, or we'll end up saving no one. But what I read here has an undercurrent similar to the reason there was a march on Selma. The right to domestic tranquility is broader than just the USA, particularly since we have meddled in the affairs of South and Central America for 195 years and are largely responsible for much of the narco-economies of those countries (if our citizens didn't use illegal drugs, we wouldn't have these horrendous conditions in those countries).

So, yes, we need to stop these migrants at the border, but we need to get out act together in this hemisphere.

So, via that logic, we use a great deal of petroleum products and have meddled in the ME for decades; so we must be responsible for that mess too?

What about the 'meddling' we did throughout the first world from 1941 to 1945 and then via the Marshall Plan

I accept no guilt for decisions long over and done with that I had no say in, for example The Missouri Compromise or Executive Order 9066 or The Gulf of Tonkin Resolution

Smells like [STRIKE]teen spirit[/STRIKE] an overly liberal education

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    44581744_2327998687274518_5440846269717151744_n.jpg

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    So, via that logic, we use a great deal of petroleum products and have meddled in the ME for decades; so we must be responsible for that mess too?

What about the 'meddling' we did throughout the first world from 1941 to 1945 and then via the Marshall Plan

I accept no guilt for decisions long over and done with that I had no say in, for example The Missouri Compromise or Executive Order 9066 or The Gulf of Tonkin Resolution

Smells like [STRIKE]teen spirit[/STRIKE] an overly liberal education

Smells like a typical Bug dropping.

I have no willingness to address your alternate arguments when you rarely stick to the point raised.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Smells like a typical Bug dropping.

I have no willingness to address your alternate arguments when you rarely stick to the point raised.

Ha ha, ‘the point raised’ seems to be the US has done bad things in the past and we should feel guilty about that (195 years of meddling blah blah).

If we didn’t buy the poisons they wish to sell us, south and Central America would be utopias, apparently. Odd though, I assume you would not approve of the poisoning of Native American society with alcohol. I just wonder if you would blame them for using it or if you would blame those who profited by selling it to them
    :cool:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom