• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blazer1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    South Bend
    Just got a received a CIA m64 I am very disappointed. I was expecting some issues, such as the front sight being canted which it has. Other issues I found the butt stock has a lot of play, not tight in the receiver at all. The dust cover I had to pry it off and hit it with a hammer to get it back on. The cleaning rod holes are off front two are about 1/8" off set from lining up with the rear two. On the plus side the finish and wood is very nice also there is no mag wobble. I hope the get it to the range this weekend and see how it functions and report back.

Last edited:

ghostdncr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Louisville
    Sorry to hear you got one with issues, but these are great guns when sorted out. I had a Norinco RPK back in the early 90's and it was very nearly a work of art. Century really should be embarrassed, considering the frequency of stories like yours and how little extra it would take to hire a couple of decent machinists and a quality control tech to ensure crap like this stops happening.

How 'bout some pics?

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    In the numerous guns I've owned from Century, I've yet to get one that wasn't a total piece of **** or screwed up in some way. With a track record like theirs, its amazing the company is still in busines. I think they're partially responsible (with the aid of the importation and 922 laws) for the AK's reputation in this country as something a caveman would build.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    In the numerous guns I've owned from Century, I've yet to get one that wasn't a total piece of **** or screwed up in some way. With a track record like theirs, its amazing the company is still in busines. I think they're partially responsible (with the aid of the importation and 922 laws) for the AK's reputation in this country as something a caveman would build.

I've owned at least 7-8 century arms guns over the years, and have yet to have one that wouldn't run. When I read someone say ALL or NEVER I tend to automatically think "what is this guy doing to screw up his guns"

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I've owned at least 7-8 century arms guns over the years, and have yet to have one that wouldn't run. When I read someone say ALL or NEVER I tend to automatically think "what is this guy doing to screw up his guns"

I didn't say they wouldn't run. But either the sights (front, rear, or both) and gas blocks were canted in the several WASR's and 1 SAR-1 I've owned. The barrel on the Tantal I bought was not only non chrome lined, but had a .223 bore for a .222 caliber bullet, thus the bullets tumbled out the end. Had a CETME from them years ago that was a jam-a-matic piece of trash. Hell, even on the M92 Yugo pistol I bought that all they had to was engrave a freaking s/n on (since it was imported as a pistol), was done in a spot where you couldn't install the underfolder that the gun was designed for. The simple fact that these guns run pretty well is a testament to the AK's reliabilty, not CAI build quality. I'm sure they can make a decent product, but I'm done trying to find one and will stick to a reputable builder.

nater30/30

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2013
    Grant County
    Nice lookin' rifle. As long as it ain't so crooked to where you run out of adjustment to get ur POI square, ur good to go. Lap the spring lock and it's raceway in the trunnion and you'll get that cover off and on easier. Yeah, the Century AK's have their little nuisances, just remember it was 1/2 of what a "designer" one costs. AK's are like Zippo's...an $11 standard works just as well has a gold plated one.

futureofwar

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Bunker Hill
    Sorry to hear you got one with issues, but these are great guns when sorted out. I had a Norinco RPK back in the early 90's and it was very nearly a work of art. Century really should be embarrassed, considering the frequency of stories like yours and how little extra it would take to hire a couple of decent machinists and a quality control tech to ensure crap like this stops happening.

How 'bout some pics?

Whats a Norinco RPK? I have heard stories. Then again I'm guessing nhm 91 right? Did you have to ground down the bolt in the magwell for it to take standard mags?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom