• ...and so much more!
  • Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Don't know about the possibility of a missing digit on the date stamping...

But it's right cool to see the Radom mark on an AK, that's for sure.

05wrangler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    there, you know, over there.
    the only thing that makes me think that its "missing" is I was told, idk if its true or not but, the polish SN is, first four digits are the year, followed by two letters, and five numbers after that. that being said the only one that's not accounted for is one of the year number. is this info correct?

ottoclicker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2011
    the only thing that makes me think that its "missing" is I was told, idk if its true or not but, the polish SN is, first four digits are the year, followed by two letters, and five numbers after that. that being said the only one that's not accounted for is one of the year number. is this info correct?

You have been correctly informed. Every polish serial number I have built,owned or seen is stamped - year(4 digits)/2 letters/five numbers, so your serial is unique and interesting.
    BTW your de-mill job looks a little rough, the holes appear to be egg-shaped, the rivets should fill the gaps once they are squished though.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    yeah who ever demilled that rifle drilled the rivets out instead of punching them out. Not ideal, but those aren't the worst Ive seen. If they get to bad you'll need a longer rivet to fill the gap and still have enough to squish on the inside.

05wrangler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    there, you know, over there.
    Yes the demill job is pretty rough, I contacted the company that I ordered it from ( pretty reputable company) they said it should be ok. I posted some pics of them on akfiles to get some thoughts as this is my 1st build. That is where someone pointed out the date markings to me.

Top Bottom