• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45pro

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Plymouth
    Anybody hear anything about the south bend police department training women how to safely use and practice shooting this weekend? Anyone have info on this? My wife is not scared of guns but isnt very comfortable with them. I thought something like this may help her learn. me teaching the wife is hopeless. She doesnt like criticism.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    It's never a good idea to train your wife. none of us take criticism from the hubby very well.
    If the SBPD isn't doing this, find a friend who can take her.

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    I went through the same thing. My wife work for the Sherrifs department and went through their gun qualifications. We go to the range often and I was trying to help her with her trigger control. Nedless to say it didn't go well so I dropped it. She wasn't getting what I was trying to explain at all. A week or so later she went to gun quals again and was having a bit of trouble and the instructor told her the exact same thing that I was telling her at the range. She couldn't explain why, for some reason it made sense and she got what he was trying to say. Being the wonderful wife she is, she did come home and tell me that she realized then that I was telling her the same thing at the range. We do plan on going to TDI for the Handgun I-III class sometime next year. We are both excited about going to that. Guys, enjoy shooting with your wife and go to a class and let the instructor teach her how to fine-tune her skills.

mlang2000

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Not this weekend, and not limited to women, but here are the details...

The South Bend Fraternal Order of Police, Lodge #36 will offer a pistol class at their pistol range. The class will be taught by NRA and Indiana Law Enforcement Academy certified instructors. This class is for beginners and first time gun owners.
    Date: May 13th, 2010 Classroom Portion – May 15th Range Portion
    Rain Date for Range Portion TBA
    Cost is $100.00 per participant.
    Topics covered will include:
    Safe firearms handling
    How to select, clean, and store a firearm
    Firearms parts and operation
    Ammunition and its function
    Shooting fundamentals with an opportunity to shoot at the range
    Required Equipment:
    Wrap around eye protection (safety glasses)
    Hearing Protection (ear plugs or muffs)
    Baseball hat
    Pistol
    100 rounds pistol ammunition (new not remanufactured)
    All participants must be registered by May 7th 2010
    Check in starts at 5:30pm class starts at 6:00pm May 13th at FOP 36 Located on SR 23
    Refreshments will be available.
    For more information go to FOP36.com and check the Event Calendar, or email Sheldon Scott at sscott@southbendin.gov
    Or fop36associates@gmail.com
    The instructors and FOP 36 reserve the right to refuse training to anyone with a criminal history or anyone prohibited from owning a firearm.
    REGISTER BEFORE MAY 7Th
    This training is not sponsored by the NRA, South Bend Police Department, or Indiana Law Enforcement Academy. All proceeds go to FOP 36 charities.

Top Bottom