• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boiler74

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    That seems like a lot for a gun that probably has had a lot of rounds through it, even with the extra mag.

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    From what Ive gathered ,most of the time a police pistol is maintained well ,not shot that much & usually shows a more carry wear than anything.My first glock 22 was a police trade in as is my beretta 96 centurion & were mechanically sound .440.00 isnt to bad a deal depending on condition ,generation & if it has other extras (maybe night sights) If anything a new recoil spring might be in order & they're cheap (6.00 $)

99zhuggerz99

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2008
    McCordsville
    my dad has been on county and city police force for over 30 years, his duty gun sees very few rounds. it basically depends on the individual officer. they can go to the range and shoot the duty gun on any range trip, but most just use it for quals and then its in the holster the rest of the time. my dad never takes it to the range when he is just going casual shooting with myself or friends. and when the new guns get supplied the officer has the chance to buy it prior to trading it in, most that have done alot or shot alot with it will buy it out. most of them in my experiance that we see for sale are carried alot, shot little.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    I have a G 22 police turn in that looks nearly new. Shoots great and shows normal holster wear. I paid $350 for it this year at Midwest Gun Exchange in Mishawaka, Came with night sights that were weak but functional and 1 magazine. I put new Meprolights on it and was still under that price.

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Can't speak for these Glocks but my Beretta 92fs had over 3000 rounds put through it in two years that it was issued to me. Nothing was ever changed out in it. Never seen a department that changed out a barrel in any sidearm(Not saying they don't, I've just never heard or seen it). If it comes to that, they have always changed out the entire sidearm. The rounds through them and how long they were carried depends on the departments budget.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    my dad has been on county and city police force for over 30 years, his duty gun sees very few rounds. it basically depends on the individual officer. they can go to the range and shoot the duty gun on any range trip, but most just use it for quals and then its in the holster the rest of the time. my dad never takes it to the range when he is just going casual shooting with myself or friends. and when the new guns get supplied the officer has the chance to buy it prior to trading it in, most that have done alot or shot alot with it will buy it out. most of them in my experiance that we see for sale are carried alot, shot little.

Wow.......that doesn't sound so smart. Any carry gun that I trust with my life will see hundreds of rounds before I even consider wearing it. I would imagine that a cop would do the same:dunno:

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    A common misconception is that LEO's are "gun people", 98% of them simply aren't. They shoot the absolute minimum number of rounds a year they can get away with and seldom if ever practice past what they shoot in the academy. Most law enforcement qualifications courses are extremely easy to pass and really don't require much practice.

The Glock 17 I bought from Summit Gunbrokers ran me about $350 with shipping and looked like a new gun on the inside, still had the factory copper colored grease in there. Outside showed some holster wear but nothing worn much at all.

BBSparkle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Bought a police trade in from Bradis in January. A G22, think it was 419. Had the night sights, everything works just fine. Minimal holster wear. The GLOCK armorer guy there even took it all apart and cleaned all the little bits I'd have no idea how to get to without a guide..

It's been a great gun, no regrets.

Gpfury86

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    A common misconception is that LEO's are "gun people", 98% of them simply aren't. They shoot the absolute minimum number of rounds a year they can get away with and seldom if ever practice past what they shoot in the academy. Most law enforcement qualifications courses are extremely easy to pass and really don't require much practice.

The Glock 17 I bought from Summit Gunbrokers ran me about $350 with shipping and looked like a new gun on the inside, still had the factory copper colored grease in there. Outside showed some holster wear but nothing worn much at all.

I hope if I am ever in a hostage situation and disarmed, that the cop that has to shoot the bad guy thats holding me ransom is one that is a "gun person" and not the other 98% lol :rolleyes:

Glocks aren't scarce, u can find good deals on em if u look. The OP was obviously just trying to help people out and share the deal he saw, not really knowing if it was a good one. :dunno:

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I hope if I am ever in a hostage situation and disarmed, that the cop that has to shoot the bad guy thats holding me ransom is one that is a "gun person" and not the other 98% lol :rolleyes:

Glocks aren't scarce, u can find good deals on em if u look. The OP was obviously just trying to help people out and share the deal he saw, not really knowing if it was a good one. :dunno:

Exactly. I'm not a Glock fan. So I do not know what they go for used. Just thought I would give a heads up. If anyone was in the market for one.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom