• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bonkers4Bacon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    Fields of Green
    Picked up a USP-C a few years ago that was FULL of lint. I doubt it was shot very much. 3 mags, box for $400. Dealer had a bunch from a dept trade out program. Some looked almost new.

I've been wanting a USP compact for a long time. Had I come acroess that deal, I wouldn't think twice. Speaking of which, thinking of selling? lol ;)

Bonkers4Bacon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    Fields of Green
    I've owned a decent number of police trade-ins: Beretta 92, Glock 17, Glock 22, Glock 23, and two S&W Model 10s (well, that's just counting American police trade-ins, I'm pretty sure my Walther P-1 was probably police issue, but who knows).

My luck has been pretty good with all of them, except for one of the S&Ws (the grooves in the cylinder for the cylinder stop were rounded off, so I ended up having to replace the cylinder, ejector, and crane.. since neither I nor 2 different gunsmiths could get the old cylinder off the original crane). The sights were a little wonky on the G17, but I replaced them with new sights that were way better anyway, so I'm really happy with it.

Good to hear you haven't had many issues. I haven't come across many police trade-ins at the LGS or the Gander. I'm a little hesitant to purchase a trade-in online.

sbond

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 27, 2013
    Franklin
    As everyone has said carry a lot and shot once a year most of the time 120 rds to qual. It's a cost ammo thing now with departments.

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    I've seen a lot of PD trade in's that look amazing. Depends on what kind of holster they have used. A gen 3 G17 Trade in look basically new, called glock and they said it was in service for an estimated 5 years.

new_guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Definitely don't let round count stop you from purchasing it...more then likely it'll be never be fired enough to do damage to the frame

Top Bottom