• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I got an idea....everyone that runs/flees in a vehicle gets shot. That would put a damper on that BS.

I have no problem with the LE actions pertaining to the original post other than watching their crossfire. Those two in the car...they won't be doing that crap anymore.
    Yep, never been someone run because they were simply scared to go to jail over a marijuana charge. Wait, that has happened, never mind.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Aww come one Kirk. It's fun to make up stories, I was just playing along.

Yeah, I know. That is auto sarcasm for 99.9% of the departments out there, but . . . some of us have experience in the . . . less than optimal departments.

I have Chicago stories. The Internet is full of NYC and DC police stories, but Cleveland is just sad and I mean tears down the face sad.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Cleveland has 1.2 billion rounds of ammo in storage???:dunno:

If Cleveland has 1.2 billion rounds of ammo I'll bet Officer Schmuckatelli lost the key to the armory and CPD cannot lay hands on it.:laugh:

danbb

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    Cedar Lake
    Once shots are being fired, every cop is going to open fire, they don't know where the shots are coming from or who's shooting at who, so I can see how it escalates fairly quickly when you have a large group. Also, you have to remember that it is cleveland after all

caverjamie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Dubois Co.
    Cleveland has 1.2 billion rounds of ammo in storage???:dunno:

If Cleveland has 1.2 billion rounds of ammo I'll bet Officer Schmuckatelli lost the key to the armory and CPD cannot lay hands on it.:laugh:

Okay okay you got me, it was a poor attempt at humorously linking this to the controversial federal ammo purchase recently - I admit none of that probably made it to the Cleveland police department, spoil sport :)

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    The liberal media is always going to sensationalize the story for their own agenda. The details will come out of what really happened. We weren't there and have no real idea yet. Just media hype.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Once shots are being fired, every cop is going to open fire, they don't know where the shots are coming from or who's shooting at who, so I can see how it escalates fairly quickly when you have a large group. Also, you have to remember that it is cleveland after all

If they are trained properly it shouldn't happen. It's called sympathetic fire and the courts don't see it as a valid justification. Just because 13 officers fired doesn't necessarily mean it was sympathetic fire however. If each of them determined that deadly force was needed, and that decision is deemed reasonable, there won't be an issue with what happened, regardless of how terrified some people in Indiana are from reading about it.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Why don't they just issue the Cleveland PD RPGs. It's obvious that they wanted them dead and seems like one well placed grenade would have caused less damage.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Why don't they just issue the Cleveland PD RPGs. It's obvious that they wanted them dead and seems like one well placed grenade would have caused less damage.

Might just be better off leveling the entire area and starting over. I'm not sure the fine people of Youngstown would like that though as they'd assume #1 position as the butt of the jokes about Ohio.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    One thing is for sure.... there should be 10 or so dash camera's that were on the scene when the shot was fired, including the cruiser who was in the collision.

Now... what are the odds that we will get to see that video??

I'll go... 50/50

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    I need to know exactly who these people were and why they were running from the police before I decide if I care or not.

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    If they are trained properly it shouldn't happen. It's called sympathetic fire and the courts don't see it as a valid justification. Just because 13 officers fired doesn't necessarily mean it was sympathetic fire however. If each of them determined that deadly force was needed, and that decision is deemed reasonable, there won't be an issue with what happened, regardless of how terrified some people in Indiana are from reading about it.

There is a history of officers on edge after a high speed chase and acting on emotion. Theres been a lot of training to counter this in the last seven years . I can not see how anyone can approve in a professional manner that many rounds from that many diffent officers in a lot of crossfiring sectors of fire and no regard to the surrounding area . Angry high adrenaline is a natral reaction to a long or dangerous chase ......in the short run it will be justified action but the tatics and professional matter how it happen will be debated with in the department.
    and another nail for the media for public PR with police...painted as gun happy shoot to kill first and a authorty not to trust ......which adds to the cause and effect .....just my :twocents: on how i see it...:patriot:

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    One thing is for sure.... there should be 10 or so dash camera's that were on the scene when the shot was fired, including the cruiser who was in the collision.

Now... what are the odds that we will get to see that video??

I'll go... 50/50

do you know for sure that this department has cameras in all or any of the cars?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    11931136-standard.jpg

"Police said the chase began because the two had shot at a police officer"

"Spotts said that the chase ended in a dead end with a head-on collision with a police car."

Sounds to me like the police chase started and ended with illegal, potentially lethal activity by the suspects. I'll way for the whole story to come out.

Take a good look at the front of that car. A head-on collision should have caused noticeable damage.

On a more general note, I seem to recall just a few days ago the consensus was to heap scorn on an arguably unstable old man who filled two unarmed intruders full of lead after they broke into his home, with an emphasis on the unnecessary volume of fire for the purpose at hand and the apparent intent to see to it that they both died. So, what conclusion do we reach on whether or not there is a limit on the volume of deadly force once we determine that deadly force is justified by the transgression of the offending party(ies)? One way or the other please.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    11931136-standard.jpg

Take a good look at the front of that car. A head-on collision should have caused noticeable damage.

On a more general note, I seem to recall just a few days ago the consensus was to heap scorn on an arguably unstable old man who filled two unarmed intruders full of lead after they broke into his home, with an emphasis on the unnecessary volume of fire for the purpose at hand and the apparent intent to see to it that they both died. So, what conclusion do we reach on whether or not there is a limit on the volume of deadly force once we determine that deadly force is justified by the transgression of the offending party(ies)? One way or the other please.

And shooting a car up 8 times over loud music was good.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Did anyone notice that this ended in a middle school parking lot?

photos.cleveland.com/plain-dealer/2012/11/31shootingcjpg.html

I bet they were just in a hurry because they were late picking up their kid--well, no, that was a joke. But seriously, it appears the reason for so many bullets could be related to the fact that they were headed into a school at 8:30am. HOWEVER, firing 137 shots in front of a school seems like one of the worst possible thing you could do to protect the children. I mean, we're not even a allowed to carry a gun in a school parking lot.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom