• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    ... no sane person born in a capitalist society would willingly turn away people with money.

Unless they're carrying guns. There are still plenty, including Simon, who are more than happy to tell us they don't want our money if we're carrying guns. Punk kids, come on in. Gun owners, go away.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    The reason so many places have "gone downhill" is precisely because good people have retreated in the face of opposition to an easier life where there they don't have to confront brokenness.

As a result, the brokenness spreads.

That's weak, and part of why the cities are the way they are. Take back areas that have been overwhelmed by evil. Peacefully. Don't take the easy way out and just run.

All it takes for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing.

I fully agree with you, but there's one problem. The law protects the idiots. Say there's some punk at the mall who's acting like he owns the place, making everyone around him uncomfortable. If you confront this type of behavior, they just laugh in your face. "What are you gonna do"? They know you won't touch them because of the legal ramifications. They hide behind the law like the cowards they are.

What's supposed to happen is you, I, and every other good citizen stops going until the businesses are hurting and demand the mall operator to do something.... like hire powerless mall security.

This is a huge problem in society in general. Look at the attention bullying has gotten recently. These mall punks are just bullies. It's unfortunate that there is no simple solution. Allow good folks to use use force against the bullies, and they eventually become the bullies because there is no common definition of "proper". You end up with a mall being dominated by the strongest group.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    How do you take such areas back "peacefully" when your dealing with THUGS?

I fully believe the answer lies in OC legally and making THEM feel the fear. With young people or even old like this, Sometimes it takes someone to literally call them on their bluff. They may talk tough and start trouble, but if there was resistance or a larger chance of resistance, they would most likely revert back to "wanting just to have fun". By acting this way they are proving tht the language that they understand is force and "strength" (like a small child), sometimes a spanking is needed.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    As far as I'm concerned malls might as well not exist. Given the price of gas nowadays it's cheaper to have stuff shipped to my door, and I don't have to deal with anyone but the computer screen.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    Intelligence owns the language and owning the language wins the argument. Your mind is your primary weapon and the extensions you carry are your backups if he who feels disrespected turns to violence to solve his problem.

F025DDE3-F3E4-4A16-8FB3-AB66E84018F8-8711-000016ED3C084FF6.jpg

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Intelligence owns the language and owning the language wins the argument. Your mind is your primary weapon and the extensions you carry are your backups if he who feels disrespected turns to violence to solve his problem.

F025DDE3-F3E4-4A16-8FB3-AB66E84018F8-8711-000016ED3C084FF6.jpg

Lol, I don't know 'bout the other guy, but I'm pretty certain, the guy in blue was or is, college educated.

jbell_64

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Mitchell
    Oh really? All shopper? No restrictions?

I guess I've been misled.

Between MidwayUSA, Amazon, etc., are malls even necessary? The closest on to us is the Bloomington Mall. I bet I don't set foot in there more than a time or two a year...and then it's usually limited to the Sears store.

BUT BUT BUT What about Target??? ;) I'll go to the Target in the mall to avoid Walmart lol

nate1865

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2010
    Indiana
    I am surprised at the number of people who don't want teenagers going to the mall by themselves on this forum but would flip a lid if the government started saying they couldn't shoot a firearm.

pwoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I am surprised at the number of people who don't want teenagers going to the mall by themselves on this forum but would flip a lid if the government started saying they couldn't shoot a firearm.

I don't care whos at the mall but if they are causing problems and endanger me or my family then I care!

nate1865

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2010
    Indiana
    I don't care whos at the mall but if they are causing problems and endanger me or my family then I care!

Oh, I certainly agree with that.

I think we have to be careful about restricting freedoms by painting broad strokes about youths and subcultures, which is why I don't support limiting teenagers' ability to go to the mall unsupervised. How many older people on this forum enjoyed that privilege growing up?

It's the same thing we all complain about when some crazy misuses firearms and everyone wants to take them away from the good people.

BuddieReigns

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Muncie

The difference to me is that it's private property and they can make their own rules, there is no constitutional right to specifically shop at malls, and the government is not involved in any way. I don't necessarily have a problem with teens being in malls all together, I just hate how a lot of them are just essentially loitering and causing problems and generally just being annoying. Working at the mall for a company, we are actually semi-helpless when it comes to dealing with troublemakers, and the biggest problem is the mall itself rarely if ever actually enforces any rules unless it's maybe shoplifting. I've seen security guards stop people in our store trying to leave from stealing from another store. If someone shoplifts in my store, even if I see them do it, technically I'm supposed to call a manager to deal with it, and they can't really do anything unless they see it themselves. On top of that I think that the new rule is they call loss prevention first and see what they say, which makes no sense because the shoplifter will most likely be gone by the time the get off the phone. I'm not saying that the shoplifters are all teens or anything, I'm just illustrating one example of of the crappy predicaments employees at malls get into. This doesn't count the times when large groups of loud, annoying teens come in and try to run around the store and stuff for no reason, which then forces us to send someone to have to go deal with or watch them, which can leave us short-handed for a bit if we're busy.

Magnum

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    North Indy
    Castleton attracts a different crowd now than it once did. They let some stores in that are aimed at urban youth, and surprise, that's who showed up. Lafayette Square closed, and Glendale is hardly a "mall" anymore. Now if you live in Indianapolis and want to go to the mall it is Circle Center or Castleton. Keystone is next though. They made a big mistake with renovating. They'll get a boost in traffic alright. It just won't be what they were aiming for. I am calling this one early. They may not have the urban stores, but now it's a "cool place to hang out."

Movealongmovealong

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Bloomington
    This is a direct result of more police presence downtown since that last teen with a gun firing random shots in the crowd. They will move from mall to mall because their parents use these facilities as babysitters on the weekends. They drop them off in the morning and they terrorize shoppers all day. It'll be a game of cat and mouse chasing them around the city.

My understanding, and I've seen them write about this in the Indy Star, is that these teenagers coordinate via cell phones and all take the buses to the mall which has been agreed upon. It's similar to the flash mob robbing that has become popular in some places.

:noway:

Top Bottom