• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Warrantless searches (raids) are just wrong in the U.S. IMO. The harm this sort of thing does for the reputation of the LEO community at large is not worth the results. Respect is worth more than FEAR.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    So we're going to accept as gospel truth everything that's in a complaint to initiate a lawsuit....oh goody. It's one side of the story. No evidence has been presented. I'll reserve judgment.

In my reckoning, the plausibility of the story is much more significant than the facts of the matter. I read this (keeping in mind that it is nothing but an unsubstantiated accusation) and found that the most significant thing was that that I asked myself "Does this sound like the police I know?" Unfortunately, it sounds absolutely like the majority of police I know. Therein lies a problem far greater than anything supposedly done on this particular occasion.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    It sounds like these cops wanted to get to the drugs first so they could have them for themselves. The police men's behavior is that of desperate addicts, who can't wait for their next fix. They should all be drug tested. I imagine they get quite excited when someone dies that was suffering terribly, because they get their fiendish hands on all the pills and take them behind closed doors--"For public safety, of course".

BTW, this sounds exactly like what Feinstein wants to happen to your assault weapons when you die...they come and grab them, oh and your ammo, and then go shootin'!

Dis_gonna_b_gud.gif

If all medications were dispensed by a government agent at every point of use, we wouldn't have this problem.

We are damn close to this already.

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    When my dad passed, they came out to the house (including his hospice nurse), did the death report, of course took back some of the things they loan you during such an event (equipment and the like) and they asked about how much of the medications were left. Then they took the narcotic medications which we had left. Not an officer, but the nurse. I do not remember an officer being there at all, just people from the VA, but to be honest I was a little pre-occupied.
    And I would say that that seemed to be SOP.

winchester

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    when my dad died at home with hospice care the nurse dumped the morphine in the toilet and threw away the bottle.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Oh good. Nothing like scripts in the water supply.

Actually...it kind of explains a lot.

I've heard of police and health departments having script turn ins to try to keep them out of the water supply. Testing on water supplies are finding drugs in them. Are what they finding strictly from people flushing them to dispose of them or what's filtered through their bodies?

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I've heard of police and health departments having script turn ins to try to keep them out of the water supply. Testing on water supplies are finding drugs in them. Are what they finding strictly from people flushing them to dispose of them or what's filtered through their bodies?

Depends on the test. Pee test looks for metabolites from drugs.

Actual tox screens will look for the drugs themselves.

What kind of answer do you want?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Depends on the test. Pee test looks for metabolites from drugs.

Actual tox screens will look for the drugs themselves.

What kind of answer do you want?

No, I'm talking about doing a water sample on the resivoir that Indy draws their water supply from. Municipalities are finding drugs in the water that is being supplied to your house. Are those drugs they're finding from people flushing unused meds down the toilet, the meds being filtered out of our bodies, or both. I see the fallacy of flushing unused meds down the toilet. Even if it were to end, I think there'd still be plenty of them in the water supply.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    No, I'm talking about doing a water sample on the resivoir that Indy draws their water supply from. Municipalities are finding drugs in the water that is being supplied to your house. Are those drugs they're finding from people flushing unused meds down the toilet, the meds being filtered out of our bodies, or both. I see the fallacy of flushing unused meds down the toilet. Even if it were to end, I think there'd still be plenty of them in the water supply.

That's what I'm saying. The type of test you do on the water sample will determine what you find in it.

I can "test" the water for space aliens and say that I didn't find any drugs. :dunno:

I suppose it's probably implied what kind of test was done based on the results posted. Not always though.

What you also want to know is the concentration of whatever you're looking for.

Most "drug tests" aren't looking for drugs. They're looking for what happens when you take drugs.

Toxicity Screens will look for pre-metabolized drugs, but once again, there are a wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide array of tox screens out there.

Also realize that nearly all test are set up to give false positives rather than false negatives.

So, just because a cheap test said there were drugs in the water doesn't mean there were drugs in the water, or that the concentration of drugs was something to be concerned about.

The funny thing about science is that it isn't really an exact science.

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    Just a thought: possession of a narcotic without a prescription carries what penalty?

Death I think. :dunno:

If you were charged with possession (even though you didnt take any) it would likely be so stressfull so as to cause you to go to a psych and get a scrip for something to help you through the ordeal. :(

Woops! "Sorry I cant write this scrip" because of your drug charges lol.

Top Bottom