• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pmorriso

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Columbus, IN
    I hope they pay out a huge sum of money to that guy. That's like the police killing that mans child. I'm sure they'll say the dog looked at them the wrong way or something.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    This is just getting ridiculous, since when has the default response turned to shooting a dog on sight. I've gone to a lot of homes where the dog came out like that and my response has usually been to pet it not shoot it, must have been one of those lowest common denominator hires.

cmstuard

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    96   0   0
    Aug 21, 2011
    SW Indiana
    I'm not sure if I would be able to withstrain myself much less my wife if they did that to our dogs...they might have to shoot both of us as well.

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Aren't police K-9's classified as "officers"? If you harm a K-9, don't you get charged with assaulting an "officer"?

So, shouldn't the officer be charged with wrongful death of a "citizen".

I personally don't agree with classifying dogs on the same level as humans in either context but why should the police get to have it one way, while "civilian" dogs can be killed with impunity?

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Sad, really sad. This happens to people also. I had a file from the early 2000's that had the info on a dozen killings of innocents by swat teams going to the wrong house. American citizens dying because of shoddy work by civil authorities. I am sure that it still goes on. Wait until we are subject to the kenyan kings version of law enforcement.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    meh, if they shoot your dog, it's only property damage and they shill out a few bucks (not even close to the amount invested if you had a GSD protection trained), but if you do it, you get animal cruelty, weapons violations, murder of an officer, etc charges put on ya.

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    This BS is infuriating and getting way out of control.:xmad:

And sorry folks who don't seem to understand, but any of my dogs are worth more than some trigger-happy jack boot punk. They are every bit a part of my family.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    This BS is infuriating and getting way out of control.:xmad:

And sorry folks who don't seem to understand, but any of my dogs are worth more than some trigger-happy jack boot punk. They are every bit a part of my family.

The important issue is that your dog belongs there. The JBT doesn't.

shawnba67

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    So Indiana
    My dog is definately greater than a possible bite wound in my home. Might not equal a child but you'll not walk away to never think of him again.(not a threat but bthe fuss i make will change your life)

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    I can count on one hand the number of times during my 20+ year LEO career that any of my brother officers shot dogs, and those were pits that were actually attacking either the officer or other citizens.

I had plenty of confrontations with mean dogs in my day. It was an expected part of the job. I either growled back at them (usually worked) and in extreme cases I rapped them in the snout with my stick (yeah, I'm that old...I carried a stick, not a portable electric chair).

Shooting a dog just because it growled at you would have been proof positive of terminal pansification in my day.

Shooting a friggin' COLLIE would be off the wussy scale.

P.S. The only time I used a gun was to NOT shoot a dog which occurred here in the People's Republic of Carmel, and long-time readers here might recall how THAT turned out.

bart2278

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    If you bust into my house and shoot my dog I will fire back no matter what you are wearing or who you are affiliated with. SOP's on dealing with animals need to change if this is common practice.

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    “I’m on the ground crying hysterically and the police officer says, ‘You need to calm down, you can get a new dog,’” said Fisher.

Oh boy that cop needs a lesson or two.

Top Bottom