• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    There are videos all over youtube on how to open the trunk with a screwdriver. Do they really think that criminals can't go online and look this stuff up? come on.

Yup, we have actually seen videos of inmates practicing how to defeat an officer when placed on a wall to be searched. They will hide everything every where. You have to also remember that they have plenty of time to work out and perfect their skills while in jail.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    There are videos all over youtube on how to open the trunk with a screwdriver. Do they really think that criminals can't go online and look this stuff up? come on.

We stop people on the streets all the time with tools commonly used to break into stuff.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    The thing that struck me is how this goes straight to the issue for those people who say that if you work or shop downtown, you should/can leave your handgun in your locked car.

This smash and grab happened IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY, in a public area (NOT a parking garage or unattended lot), in only a matter of a few minutes. I still believe that ANYONE who leaves their firearms in their car ANYWHERE, is merely arming the Bad Guys, and if you leave firearms in a car downtown for a matter of hours while you work or shop, then you are just making it easier for the BGs to arm themselves.

Guess I will just arm the bad guys then as I am taking a long gun with me where ever I go, if I go in somewhere it will have to stay in the vehicle, stuff happens, enjoy not having a long gun to protect yourself, someone will probably break into your house and steal your weapons while mine sit in my vehicle...

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    The thing that struck me is how this goes straight to the issue for those people who say that if you work or shop downtown, you should/can leave your handgun in your locked car.

This smash and grab happened IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY, in a public area (NOT a parking garage or unattended lot), in only a matter of a few minutes. I still believe that ANYONE who leaves their firearms in their car ANYWHERE, is merely arming the Bad Guys, and if you leave firearms in a car downtown for a matter of hours while you work or shop, then you are just making it easier for the BGs to arm themselves.

Buying firearms legally and not from the thugs on the streets makes it easier to arm the BG's just the same though. You can also leave your weapons in your house where they can be stolen. No matter where you leave them, even on your person, they can be stolen. Some ways make it easier like you said but in all reality do you want every police officer to carry their long guns and all of their handguns into the coffee shop with them?

I understand the whole, "Be responsible with your firearms." thing but don't you think he'd be in even more danger if he tried to carry 3-4 firearms with him into the coffee shop and out with a cup of coffee?

I'm not saying people SHOULD leave their handguns in their cars and I'm not saying they SHOULDN'T leave them in their cars. All I'm trying to get past is that people are placing more blame on the officer than they are the criminal who ACTUALLY comitted the crime.

I'm wondering why people don't place irresponsibility for every victim's actions on here. I rarely support police but FFS I feel for the guy because people are calling him an idiot because he was a victim of a crime. And it's all because he wears a badge. He was doing something that most people do in the morning... get coffee. I'm sure it'd be a little different if someone came in and informed him before it happened but theives just aren't that communicative about their actions for some reason.:dunno: Come on, stop blaming the guy for something that every police officer does every day. You think INGO officers carry all of their firearms into the coffee shop with them? I don't know for a fact but I've never seen it.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I'm not saying people SHOULD leave their handguns in their cars and I'm not saying they SHOULDN'T leave them in their cars. All I'm trying to get past is that people are placing more blame on the officer than they are the criminal who ACTUALLY comitted the crime.

I'm wondering why people don't place irresponsibility for every victim's actions on here. I rarely support police but FFS I feel for the guy because people are calling him an idiot because he was a victim of a crime. And it's all because he wears a badge. He was doing something that most people do in the morning... get coffee. I'm sure it'd be a little different if someone came in and informed him before it happened but theives just aren't that communicative about their actions for some reason.:dunno: Come on, stop blaming the guy for something that every police officer does every day. You think INGO officers carry all of their firearms into the coffee shop with them? I don't know for a fact but I've never seen it.

I'm in no way blaming the officer. Bad Guys are, by definition, bad, and as such and by choice, they do Bad Things. Nobody can stop them from doing bad things, and nobody can even stop them from TRYING to do bad things.

I was merely pointing this out to people in regards to a common comment I hear on here relating to attending Pacers or Colts games, or shopping at Circle Center Mall, that they will simply leave their handgun in their car in the unattended garage or parking lot until 11pm downtown.

If an officer's car can be broken into, on a busy city street, in the middle of the day, just outside a busy business, then what are the odds that someone else's car will be broken into when it is left in a dark, deserted parking lot downtown for several hours until midnight or so??

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    I'm in no way blaming the officer. Bad Guys are, by definition, bad, and as such and by choice, they do Bad Things. Nobody can stop them from doing bad things, and nobody can even stop them from TRYING to do bad things.

I was merely pointing this out to people in regards to a common comment I hear on here relating to attending Pacers or Colts games, or shopping at Circle Center Mall, that they will simply leave their handgun in their car in the unattended garage or parking lot until 11pm downtown.

If an officer's car can be broken into, on a busy city street, in the middle of the day, just outside a busy business, then what are the odds that someone else's car will be broken into when it is left in a dark, deserted parking lot downtown for several hours until midnight or so??

I completely mis-understood your post and I do apologize. I thought you were blaming the officer for leaving his gun in the car.

Top Bottom