Police around downtown have paintball guns. HA! HA!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    They are actually through J-Core and instead of Tipman on the side they say PepperBall to distiguish them from an ordinary Tipman paintball gun.

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    It is a pepperball gun. If you notice the Officer has a gas mask on his side which is not usually carried on the body as part of daily equipment. Shooting suspects for "pain" compliance or "marking" them to identify them isn't SOP for most agencies.
    This matches to what they told me the guns were for. I don't know paint ball guns, so they could have fed me a line of crap, but this what they told me they were for. I mentioned it the opening comment of this thread. (And yet others are trying to say what they're really being used for.....:rolleyes:)

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    They really shoot OC (pepper spray) pellets. They come out almost twice as fast. You really don't want to get hit by one.

Chesh97

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 28, 2011
    NE Indiana
    They are actually through J-Core and instead of Tipman on the side they say PepperBall to distiguish them from an ordinary Tipman paintball gun.

The pepperball Sticker just covers up the Tippmmann Name....

2012-02-05_02-03-07_484.jpg

2012-02-05_02-00-42_86.jpg

On the reverse side

2012-02-05_02-01-19_898.jpg

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Not 37mm...that's another type of less-lethal (:biggrin:) that would've required only two hits for the person to get down - him being hit then hitting the ground...

Pepperball launchers are .68 caliber, same as Tippmans.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    It is a limited violence crowd control device.

It serves a dual purpose. The "balls" are filled with some really nasty pepper spray type fluid. A. they disable the perp. B. If they aren't effected by by the balls and run, they are identifiable.

The IMPD used these on the concert crowds at the Speedway in May with great success.

I took 4 hits to the chest in training and I will tell you...THEY HURT!!!! I mean they really hurt. Hurt for several days. They will break skin. I had to break mine out Saturday night Downtown.

jimmyw86

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    Broad Ripple
    I was there Friday night and saw a kid get hit by one. Not a good idea to shove everyone in front of you as hard as you can because you think your invincible since your in high school.

tatertot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    NOT for marking, they are pain compliance. They do not fire "paintballs". They look similar but are made from hard plastic and not the soft shell of a paintball. They will break skin at 20ft through a sweat shirt. A standard paintball will blow up in the chamber if fired in this.

Not to mention they are really effective at dispersing a crowd via the oc powder inside of the "paintballs".

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Not to mention they are really effective at dispersing a crowd via the oc powder inside of the "paintballs".
    Yes, that is what I used it for Saturday night. Fight breaking out and we lit the wall up above them...they scattered like rats. The powder inside is a small amount and very fine. Makes me cough a bit but that it about it.

Top Bottom