Police around downtown have paintball guns. HA! HA!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    P1050720ccSmall.jpg

Indianapolis's finest are protecting downtown crowds with paintball guns. When asked about it they said, " Hey Paint balls really hurt."

OK, lighten up, I'm kidding. Actually they said they're filled with terror gas balls. Those hurt to, just different.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Fort Wayne, IN USA
    If you are going to spend the money to go to the game, then act like an idiot, a paintball is too good for you.

Less than lethal + moron = the problem with modern society

remember the good old days when dumb people died? The world was left a tiny bit smarter every time someone said "hey y'all, watch this"

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    I miss my tippman A-6 R/T.

That was a good paintball gun. I had an 18" barrel on that sucker. Really reach out and touch someone. With the R/T it was good for suppressive fire as well.

rotortech

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Indianapolis
    This makes sense to me. If they are after someone for something like assault, they can plant a couple of paint marks on him before he gets lost in the crowd without putting others at risk.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I miss my tippman A-6 R/T.

That was a good paintball gun. I had an 18" barrel on that sucker. Really reach out and touch someone. With the R/T it was good for suppressive fire as well.

I once played a few rounds with a Tippmann A5. it was nice. But i still prefer my Spyder Rodeo.

Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso
    Call me overkill, but if I had to use a Tippman with pepperballs, this would be my choice! ;)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoBOTTvzXsw&feature=related[/ame]

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    NOT for marking, they are pain compliance. They do not fire "paintballs". They look similar but are made from hard plastic and not the soft shell of a paintball. They will break skin at 20ft through a sweat shirt. A standard paintball will blow up in the chamber if fired in this.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Do they have a paintball team? :D

More and more police forces use paintball guns, either for training in FOF scenarios, marking people in crowds during riots, shooting OC rounds, rubber rounds etc.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    It is a pepperball gun. If you notice the Officer has a gas mask on his side which is not usually carried on the body as part of daily equipment. Shooting suspects for "pain" compliance or "marking" them to identify them isn't SOP for most agencies.

Indycar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Birthplace of Steve McQueen
    NOT for marking, they are pain compliance. They do not fire "paintballs". They look similar but are made from hard plastic and not the soft shell of a paintball. They will break skin at 20ft through a sweat shirt. A standard paintball will blow up in the chamber if fired in this.

It is a limited violence crowd control device.

It serves a dual purpose. The "balls" are filled with some really nasty pepper spray type fluid. A. they disable the perp. B. If they aren't effected by by the balls and run, they are identifiable.

The IMPD used these on the concert crowds at the Speedway in May with great success.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    It is a limited violence crowd control device.

It serves a dual purpose. The "balls" are filled with some really nasty pepper spray type fluid. A. they disable the perp. B. If they aren't effected by by the balls and run, they are identifiable.

The IMPD used these on the concert crowds at the Speedway in May with great success.

I am qualified on and have used pepperball guns. They are an OK tool but they are not anywhere as effective as you would think they would be. I haven't ever seen where the "impact" was painfull enough to make them quit. The particals when the start breathing yeah. Hopefully they won't need to use them.

adam

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    They are tippman pro-carbines, old old school markers. We watched them light a guy up pretty well from climbing on those info/map structures they have. Pretty much the highlight of the night.

I have to give a huge +1 to the State Police there last night, extremely professional and very nice.

BoomstickBuff

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 31, 2011
    Noblesville
    They are tippman pro-carbines, old old school markers. We watched them light a guy up pretty well from climbing on those info/map structures they have. Pretty much the highlight of the night.

I have to give a huge +1 to the State Police there last night, extremely professional and very nice.

Completely agree with this. Given the sheer number of people in downtown Indy and the challenges that creates for the LEOs, I was very impressed with their professionalism. :yesway:

Top Bottom