• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • backfire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    im thinking ill have 4 inch floor and 6 inch floor. part of the floor i want to be able to support machines (lathes/mils etc) part of it will just be cars or the occasional tractor
    That's a very good idea, as it will save costs by not having the floor poured too thick in areas you don't need it to be. :)

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    That's a very good idea, as it will save costs by not having the floor poured too thick in areas you don't need it to be. :)

to be honest i am considering doing 1/4 in 4 inch, 1/4 in 6 inch, 1/2 in limestone or somthing similar that tractors would be stored on.

its funny this thread got bumped, i was out today looking at where this will go and thinking about the plans. i was originally thinking 60x60 but i found a 50x100 wich is alot more space for 6000 extra. the 50x100 was 28000. obviously that price would at least double after concrete, labor, plumbing, heat, etc. but the price for the building materials was only 6000 extra.

to backfire, do you do these for a living? if so i would like to talk to you and get a extreamly rough idea of what im actually talking about in price. obviously you could not give me a exact estimate without more info but a ball park would be nice

backfire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    to be honest i am considering doing 1/4 in 4 inch, 1/4 in 6 inch, 1/2 in limestone or somthing similar that tractors would be stored on.

its funny this thread got bumped, i was out today looking at where this will go and thinking about the plans. i was originally thinking 60x60 but i found a 50x100 wich is alot more space for 6000 extra. the 50x100 was 28000. obviously that price would at least double after concrete, labor, plumbing, heat, etc. but the price for the building materials was only 6000 extra.

to backfire, do you do these for a living? if so i would like to talk to you and get a extreamly rough idea of what im actually talking about in price. obviously you could not give me a exact estimate without more info but a ball park would be nice
    No, I don't, but I had a major crash course in floor design/application about 11 years ago when I had my commercial building built for my business. I was given a LOT of options by a number of contractors and by the end of the 3 quotes I was given, I was more confused than ever!

I spent the next 2 weeks after that speaking with other business owner's with buildings/floors like mine, researching everything I could online and picking the brains of numerous concrete contractors to find out what my best plan of action should be, based on what I was planning to do.

After the dust cleared, I learned a ton (especially of what NOT to do) I made my choice and that floor was bulletproof for anything we ever threw at it. Like what you're planning, it was only 6" in three separate areas and the rest was 4"- including the offices and it all worked out well in the end. :)

You might give Erie Haven and/or Speedway Redi-Mix a call to discuss what you're doing and they'll likely have the info you'll need for you to make an informed decision that fits your budget. They both do very good work and are very knowledgeable. :)

Home

Speedway Redi Mix, Inc. - Preferred Concrete Producer in Northeast Indiana

Top Bottom