• ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    somtime in the future ill be building a pole barn. it wil be roughly 40x60 with 2 overhead doors and 2 normal doors. concrete floor ? inches thick.

im looking for online pricing guides or anything to just start doing some research. anyone have any good links. ive found alot of sites where you plug in some answers then have to give your email to get the info and i dont want the spam.

im guessing this building will run about 25,000-30,000 am i close

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I have a 50x80 steel building with 5" floor. Three 16x12 doors, one 10x10 doors and only 1 has an opener. I have $25k in the steel kit, $20k in the floor, about $7k in the doors. That's not including erection cost either.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    thats kind of what im looking for, but id like to find somone who would know indiana prices. that company is out of colorado

They advertise the HECK out of themselves on WIBC here in Indianapolis; I bet they have a local affiliate. I think there is even an additional discount code that they give during the advertisement on the radio...

ag563

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Delphi, Indiana
    check out your local Menard's store, I bought a barn kit from them & built it myself.
    took me 6 months of weekends, but I now have a pole barn.

MrsXtremeVel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Depending on where you live, the Amish built my dad's and brother's pole buildings. They spent around 25K for each. The Amish who built it are from the Berne IN. area.

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    There are a lot of variables in pole building, one of the most concerning is some are built with roof trusses on 4ft or even 8ft centers. These hold uup the roof fine until a heavy snow comes along.

kwatters

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I paid almost $17 a square foot, poured 4" floor included but that was in '03. There are many variables to consider like what doors, materials, etc.
    Mine was a bit more because I did a two tone building (one color up to 3' and then another color above that), 3 garage doors, one entry door, I did the electrical myself.
    I could have done it much less expensive myself but this way I had a building in a week and once the concrete cured I was moving things in.

backfire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    Regarding floors, I have some experience with spec'ing the right floor for the right application after my last building of 10,000 sq./ft. was completed in 2001.

Oversimplified~

The minimum floor thickness you'll realistically want (for Indiana soil) is 4", as that will easily and confortably support the weight of typical farm items like cars, trucks, mid-size tractors and mid-sized machinery, implements, etc.

If you have larger, heavier farming implement/machinery, pour it 5" to cover the extra weight safey to avoid cracking from the combination of weight and settleing over time.

If you intend on installing any type of two-post vehicle lift of any kind (like a 7,000, 9,000 or 12,000 capacity) than you'll absolutely want to have a 6" thick slab, otherwise you'll run the risk of the lift floor studs pulling out and the lift toppling over if you have something heavy on it. You can possibly skate-by with a 5" thick floor with a lift, as long as the lift was a light duty 7,000 pounder than you don't overload.

Of course, it goes without saying that every floor should be re-inforced with steel rebar, otherwise it'll crack all over the place like crazy!

I wouldn't ever suggest a 3" floor for a barn, since it will likely see a multitude of weights, abuses, etc. that a house floor normally wouldn't.

Good luck and always error on the thick side if you're on the fence between one thickness or another. Like house space...you'll never have enough floor and you'll always want/need more. :)

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    im thinking ill have 4 inch floor and 6 inch floor. part of the floor i want to be able to support machines (lathes/mils etc) part of it will just be cars or the occasional tractor

Top Bottom