Pointless Post...What INGO Taught me that saved me trouble today...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    What INGO Taught me that saved me trouble today...

Was heading back to Columbus from Evansville. It was a nice Holiday weekend, beautiful day and I was in no hurry to get back...decided to travel across 66 in Southern Indiana rather than the standard I64 route. Nice beautiful drive. Made it to Derby before I veered north to find the interstate. Couldn't believe how close the road got to the river in places. Also had never been through Tell City. Very neat downtown area.

Regardless, as an engineer, I was intrigued by the Locks on the Ohio River. Came to the set west of Tell City that you can almost reach out and touch from the road and for a split second thought about finding a parking spot to watch them work for a few minutes. An alarm bell went off in my head and about that time the wind caught the Army Corp of Engineers flag waiving.

With the 2 firearms I had in the truck(carry gun and shotgun I inherited this weekend) I could have gotten in some trouble.

Crazy pieces of engineering those Locks though!

Without the perusing I've done of this forum...I'd have probably pulled in.

Last edited:

Gadgetmonster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Southport area
    I might suggest a new thread. Just take off "Pointless Post..." from OP title. I bet we get many a post. I know I have learned tons here.

Like when I read about if they ever say to me "You have the right to remain silent..." I never ever gave that a thought.

INGO has made me think.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    OP you should have went up Eagle's Bluff on the left before you got to the locks. Very scenic up there, and it's really cool to watch them build that hydroelectric dam next door too.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    This isn't a pointless post at all! INGO is a wealth of knowledge for many reasons. I have learned just as much about firearm laws on INGO as I did when I read Indiana Firearms Law Reference Manual. What the books can't teach you can ask about and talk about here.

Threads talking about the laws regarding firearms on ACE properties have saved my butt quite a few times.

Ryno300

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2009
    Fly over country
    Not pointless at all....as a matter of fact I might have a friend that vacationed in Tennessee once - had been there many times and knew his LTCH was good to go - but failed to realize the spousal unit had booked them at a cabin on ACE land!!! Needless to say he was a little nervous throughout his visit thinking, what if he did have his EDC with him? :dunno: :wrongdoor:

I've learned a lot here at INGO.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    A local in the little bar and grill there in Derby tried to short change me once. This was years ago, and I was young and dumb......i got my money he owed me, but I'm probably never welcome in that town again.

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    are all the locks on the ohio ACE? at least the ones touching indiana? i remember going and watching them a while back, while camping at clifty falls, and i do not recall any flags, but i did not look for them either. if they were there, i am sure glad that i 100% definately did not in any way shape or form have a firearm on my person or in my vehicle.

Top Bottom