• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Not a big fan of the 'pocket pistols' in .22lr, .25acp, .32acp...and even .380acp. I only consider a small, 5-shot, .38+P or .357mag a 'pocket gun' for adequate stopping power! Most of the little pocket pistols are too small for my comfort level.

Yukon227

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 15, 2011
    Henry County
    Taurus TCP .380
    IMAG0413.jpg

philo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Peoples Republic of Bloomington
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Yukon227
    Taurus TCP .380
    wol_error.gif
    This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 141KB.
    IMAG0413.jpg

Ditto; except I also put the Crimson Trace laser on mine. Great little pocket pistol. Don't know why more people don't own them.
    I've got 2 Tauruses (Tauri?) that I love. The 24/7 series and the Millenium series are great guns, and they look good. I even like the 700 and 800 series semi autos, but I just can't get excited about the TCP. I tried - I've been looking for a BUG - but I just don't like them.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Ditto; except I also put the Crimson Trace laser on mine. Great little pocket pistol. Don't know why more people don't own them.

I have a couple of "little" guns and always debate in my head back and forth on the cost/benefit of adding a laser sight to them, especially when the barrel length is less than 3". Most times, these are point shoot weapons at fairly close range. Does the laser help your accuracy? (I can see the intimidation factor in the "red dot" on chest scenario)

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    I have a couple of "little" guns and always debate in my head back and forth on the cost/benefit of adding a laser sight to them, especially when the barrel length is less than 3". Most times, these are point shoot weapons at fairly close range. Does the laser help your accuracy? (I can see the intimidation factor in the "red dot" on chest scenario)

The Laser is VERY good for practice. A friend of mine was having trouble with keeping an LCP on target. She tried using the laser one evening at a 16 inch Bobcat Steel target. It was immediately clear what was happening. The long and heavy DAO trigger of the LCP combined with anticipating the recoil were both evident. That helped her to slow down and get things lined up better. Immediate improvement in accuracy.

I suspect they would help in an emergency - but I KNOW they helped in practice.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana

I like it; it doesn't affect the "point-and-shoot-ablility" of the weapon at all, but it gives me a little more range, (the iron sights are pretty much non-existent,) so I can reach out and touch someone if need be.

Basically, within 5 yards I'll point and shoot. Anything beyond that, I'll use the laser because its faster than trying to line up the tiny sights.

Top Bottom