• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I think you can find examples in any caliber of non-performance . . .

Yup, sure can. I think it was Ayoob that told an account of a woman who sat on her couch and related to police how her husband tried to kill her. - He had shot her in the forehead with a .357 magnum. The bullet veered up, followed her skull around the top of her head, under the skin, and exited at the back. She lived. Amazing.

I'm not caliber bashing. Someone asked for examples, I provided a few. It was easy as there are many examples of .25 acp rounds bouncing off heads and other things.

FWIW, of those choices I'd get the Kel-Tec P32 and be done with it. Lifetime warranty, made in the USA, good customer service. I wouldn't spend a lot of money on a .32, and the Kel-Tec fits the bill.

Last edited:

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Well, I can see that you're dead set on .25 or .32. While the performance of the .32 isn't stellar, it is a legitimate self defense round. The .25, on the other hand, is just not. One day many years ago, I was out at the farm with my dad and my then first handgun, a Raven .25, when along comes Peter cottontail. I bet my dad that I could hit him from approx 35 feet, did so, and then had to RUN HIM DOWN to finish him off. upon disassembly, (of the rabbit) we found that the bullet had penetrated through one rib, and then just stopped. No internal damage whatsoever. Had I not ran him down, he probably could have lived. I'm SO glad my first target was a rabbit and not a bad guy with malicious intent. After that I did some research, and traded in my .25 for a .380 which I still own. That being the case, I'd say your only realistic option in sticking to your two chosen calibers is the .32. And as was mentioned above, Keltec and a few others make very carry friendly lightweight .32s. Just please do yourself and all of us a favor and DON'T carry a .25 for self protection. All of the stories you've read above, although anecdotal, are more than likely true. Good luck to you, and please DO post pix when you make your purchase!!
    \

Streakyzero

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Shelbyville
    IMO, the 380 Auto is a sufficient SD round if you are using the right type of round! The Hornady Critical Defense ammo that I have has Excellent expansion to penetration characteristics. It is also designed so that it penetrates the clothing before it expands! I would not put too much into stories unless the person telling them has actually been in the situation being referred to! Anyway to the question at hand I just bought a Ruger LCP and got the crimson trace laserguard and it is a sexy little gun! Although, I usually carry my XD 40 or 1911 I got this one for my fiance and she loves it! Hop this helps!

Top Bottom