• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nwdezines

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    Bloomington
    I would like to purchase a small .380 pocket handgun. I really like the seecamp, but not sure if they are worth it. The other issue is the wait for this gun. On the other hand do I just get a Ruger LCP, but I have heard of issues of the mag releasing(operator error of course). Any advice or direction appreciated.

Yukon227

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 15, 2011
    Henry County
    I have a taurus TCP 380, awesome for carry. If for some reason you're wanting this gun to shoot a lot, you might look at something in a bigger frame as these little guys pack some recoil. I can't speak for the P238, YET

mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    I would reccommend a Taurus TCP or Kahr P380. The LCP trigger pull is very long and it is not pleasant to shoot at all. If you are thinking LCP I would check out the Keltec 3AT which is pretty much the same thing expect it has a better trigger.

Last edited:

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    I too have a Sig P238. Primarily because it is beauty and is a joy to shoot.

DSCF1795.jpg

If I were getting a totally utilitarian protection device, I'd just get a P3AT or LCP.

Last edited:

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    I have both the P3AT and the LCP w/CT laser, both great pocket pistols, reliable and a good buy for the money. Both are light weight, slim and extremely easy to conceal. Neither is very much fun to shoot. Ruger a little more refined and maybe a little sturdier but Kel-Tec is the smallest and easiest to carry.

MtnBiker6510

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I love my Kel-Tec P3AT. Mine has been 100% reliable with my defensive ammo. Easy to carry and conceal. With the belt clip on the side I can clip it inside my cargo short pocket in summer or inside my waistband of my dress pants and no one can tell its there. Those that have commented on it on cargo pants where its more visible think its a pocket knife with a clip.
    It is very light. 6+1 capacity give it enough to get me out of trouble. It is simple, and very rugged. Mine has taken quite a beating and still looks as ugly as it did when new. The trigger is long and heavy, but it breaks predictably every time. A heavy, long trigger is what I like it for a pocket gun. I wouldn't be carrying it as a pocket gun if it had a light short trigger. Thats an accident waiting to happen.

Dirc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Noblesville
    +1 recommendation on P3AT. If you're looking for a small, reliable, lightweight, and affordable .380 you can't go wrong with it. Mine disappears in my pocket.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Any of the small 380's are good. I had an LCP for a long time. Recently I picked up a Kahr CM9 for me. My wife went with the p380. After shooting them both, I'm leaning towards another p380 for me. Kahr is a step up in price, but the trigger and comfort of it are worth it in my book.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    As others have posted, the Sig p238 is probably a good pocket .380. I have a Colt Mustang Pocketlite, which the Sig was cloned from. Hardly know the gun is in my pocket.

DanO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    NW IN
    OP - If you are going to carry it a lot and not shoot it much, the LCP is a good choice and they seem to have worked the kinks out of it. Flat and light.

BUT.... if you want a great gun to carry and shoot, COLT is reintroducing the Mustang Pocketlite. I have had one for years and everone who shoots it wants to buy it from me. The P238 is similar, but has that SIG blockiness I do not like. I would wait for the COLT, you will never go wrong buying a COLT product.

The problem with so many .380 pocket guns is the straight blowback system that leads to "muzzle flip" and not being as pleasant to shoot. COLT's locked breach system eliminates this and the thing shoots like a bb gun.

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    I would like to purchase a small .380 pocket handgun. I really like the seecamp, but not sure if they are worth it. The other issue is the wait for this gun. On the other hand do I just get a Ruger LCP, but I have heard of issues of the mag releasing(operator error of course). Any advice or direction appreciated.

Being that you are new, it would be nice if you included some additional information.

Why you would like the gun? E.g. for self defense, for home defense, for carry, for target practice. Hopefully, you are thinking for carry for self defense since it is a pocket gun.

Do you have other handguns? The first thing about shooting a handgun is to become familiar with shooting a handgun. If you have no other guns, some .380 pocket pistols would be a bad choice to learn to shoot a handgun. I have a pocket 9mm that I would hate to have to shoot more than once in a while. It is uncomfortable to shoot and has horrible recoil, but works well.

What kind of budget are you looking at? People have quoted guns from $250 to $650 for you. Kind of a large difference there.

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    My LCP, goes with me everywhere.I find it very controllable and I can keep fist sized groups at 15 feet. My favorite round is the 102 grain Golden Sabres but just for shootin' it'll eat PMC's without a hitch.....

Top Bottom