• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Hopefully I can get some advice. My brother and I changed out my gas water heater today. Everything is good with the exception of the upstairs shower/bathtub. The water is not hot. I turn on the tub water then turn on the hot side of the sink. Sink is ok, tub does not heat up. All other faucets get hot water too. This just started after changing out the tanks. Any advice is appreciated!

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    This is not my trade, but I'll take a stab - Are you sure you let it run long enough ? I know, stupid question, but there will only be one hot water line to a bathroom, so if the sink gets hot, you are getting water to the room.

Informed Decision

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Evansville
    Another possibility is that you knocked some calcium deposit loose during the change out & that faucet was the last one turned on when you purged the air out. So then where the line splits to go to that faucet has gotten clogged. I would disconnect the hot water line at the mixing valve & ck in the valve & the line for blockage. Might have to flush it to clear it.

Porter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2014
    Putnam Co
    Hopefully I can get some advice. My brother and I changed out my gas water heater today. Everything is good with the exception of the upstairs shower/bathtub. The water is not hot. I turn on the tub water then turn on the hot side of the sink. Sink is ok, tub does not heat up. All other faucets get hot water too. This just started after changing out the tanks. Any advice is appreciated!

So what did you figure out? Should be hot by now.

Top Bottom