• ...and so much more!
  • Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I took both of our 10/22 out for a test drive yesterday after doing some really simple & relatively inexpensive mods. Both were bone stock for an appleseed a few weeks ago. They both shot pretty accurately both days. My older one had several extractor problems though.

I added to both: VQ hammer, VQ extractor, made my own bolt stops, Radius rear of the bolt mod, bolt lock back release mod... All this was pretty easy to do.

Mine shoots 3 rounds touching and 2 within ~1/4" @ 25 yards. Not bad.
    My daughters on the other hand is the smaller lighter 10/22 Compact. It really woke up. All 5 shots @ 25 yards touch now.

It makes me want to do more tinkering on my rifle just to keep up with the kid's gun.

:laugh:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    50 yards it shoots a foot high fully adjusted. For everyone that's shot it. I forget about it every week on the first mag then i remember to adjust and its dead on.

Now I'll have to look at my sights to see how much adj is left.

I wouldn't think there'd be a problem at 50yds.

Blackout

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Many people swear by the 10/22. Ill give the rifle credit, it can be a upgrade machine and yes, skys the limit on the amount of cash you can spend.

I prefer the Marlin 795. It has a great track record but not as much aftermarket parts. Mine does has some aftermarket parts such as a Rimfire technologies charging handle, Mueller APV scope, UTG SWAT Bipod, Blackhawk mountain sling, williams fire sights, and DIP adjustable trigger. I also polished the internals for better feeding. For me, thats all I need.

I have personally shot against 10/22 owners and have out-shot most of them. Granted, tons depends on the shooter themselves.

What I'm trying to say is, look at ALL options. Many 22's have aftermarket parts, just not as much as the 10/22. And remember, its a 22, not a .308. Ive heard of people spending $1000+ on 10/22's for what.....100 yards...maybe 150 and barly being accurate. 22's IMO are best for small game hunting/survival weapons, trainers, and of course plinking fun. Plinking fun IMO shouldnt be $1000+ or even $500+, save that cash for bigger calibers.

Might want to check out marlin 60's and Savage 93's as well, very good options there. Blackout

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Another vote for Marlin! My model 60 is with out a doubt the most accurate gun I own. Next purchase is going to be a 795!

hrearden

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Definitely Ruger 10/22. You can upgrade the hell out of it, and you can do it in your living room. Not only that, I have yet to kill one in any form. Even easier than an AR-15, and thats saying something.

Jason R. Bruce

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    hrearden...

I have been considering ways to "accurize" my old 10/22. Last night I looked at 10/17M2 conversion kits but found they are discontinued. I wasn't sure if simply rebarrelling the gun and adding a floated stock would help enough to justify the expense? Do you have any experience with accurizing one of these old machines?

Top Bottom