• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rollerman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2012
    Goshen
    Similar to the Fetla's thread I was curious if anyone here ever did business with John on the west side of Elkhart at the former Plinkers gunshop?
    He always treated me good, knew me by name & sad to see the shop go regardless the reason.
    Maybe John is a member here?

Also a little south of Plinkers used to be a gunshop in Oceola called Neumans.
    That one closed pretty sudden too, I remember because I had an HK shotgun on lay-away at the time.

Just curious if any members from north central IN would recall the two former gunshops.

Sajer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    i stopped in at Newmansallthe time even when it was back in the old pharmacy. Had some great mil surps , but I was too young to buy much. The store inn OC was alright and every once in awhile he would get some good stuff in. Could tell it was going downhill when no inventory was there.

Plinkers was alright I only stopped int here a few times. Talked to the owner in depth about FAL's and building them. He showed me a few of his builds and we discussed some of the other things he built. Not a bad shop, but didnt he do some bad things?
    Similar to the guy up in Bristol?

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Similar to the Fetla's thread I was curious if anyone here ever did business with John on the west side of Elkhart at the former Plinkers gunshop?
    He always treated me good, knew me by name & sad to see the shop go regardless the reason.
    Maybe John is a member here?

Also a little south of Plinkers used to be a gunshop in Oceola called Neumans.
    That one closed pretty sudden too, I remember because I had an HK shotgun on lay-away at the time.

Just curious if any members from north central IN would recall the two former gunshops.

Neuman's had ATF trouble. Heard he got a pretty raw deal from them. That guy at Plinker's built some sweet 10-22's. I went to the auction when he closed, only thing I came home with was the John Wayne, life-size cardboard cutout that stood in the corner.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Bought my Beretta 92 FS and my first G19 at Neumans. They had a great layaway program. As long as you were paying on it weekly, they would hold it for you 'til it was paid off. Miss the place.

Rollerman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2012
    Goshen

Sajer do you mean Steve from Bristol Sporting Goods or Ron Wedge that had Hole in the Wall gunshop?

That guy at Plinker's built some sweet 10-22's. I went to the auction when he closed, only thing I came home with was the John Wayne, life-size cardboard cutout that stood in the corner.

I still have 10/22 that John worked on the action for me & I remember that JW cardboard standup. :yesway:

They had a great layaway program. As long as you were paying on it weekly, they would hold it for you 'til it was paid off.

Thought Neumans did too till I went to get my HK & the shop was closed.
    Lost my money & the HK...

concrete dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Goshen
    i stopped in at Newmansallthe time even when it was back in the old pharmacy. Had some great mil surps , but I was too young to buy much. The store inn OC was alright and every once in awhile he would get some good stuff in. Could tell it was going downhill when no inventory was there.

Plinkers was alright I only stopped int here a few times. Talked to the owner in depth about FAL's and building them. He showed me a few of his builds and we discussed some of the other things he built. Not a bad shop, but didnt he do some bad things?
    I still have the H&R 12 gauge I got from the Hole in the Wall in Bristol. That place needed to be put out of business. Anyone remember Turkey Creek that used to be on Lincoln ave. Goshen?

BCCS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    I have many good memories of going to plinkers with my dad, I think I was 7 or 8 years when he started taking me there.

Top Bottom