• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2011
    as a kid i remember my dad constantly checking the mail and getting angry when it hadn't come yet. Our mail box was far away and we drove to the end of the drive way to get the mail. He would have paid whatever to get something that alerted him when to drive to get it. I would have paid whatever to not have to hear him cursing about the mail not getting there on time.

Now, project 2.....if you could just alert us when the Fedex or UPS driver is on the way to my house that would be awesome. i'm so sick of my husband waiting all day for them to arrive on the delivery date projected. He's on fedex watch ALL day and won't leave the house until he gets his package cause he doesn't want them to leave it at the door or go pick it up at the office later. ugghhhh guys and their mail.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008

norman428

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    done. Friend of mine has a similar thing to the example already posted.
    One thing that would be cool, Is if you could have it send you a text message to your phone when your mail has arrived. If you can make your security system text you every time you turn it on and off.....why can't you receive a text message when your mail has arrived.I'm not lazy, I'm safe. Id prefer to know every time the box is opened, not just when the mail has arrived as the other devices alert you. Because they only turn the light on once, then it just stays on until you get the mail and reset it.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    Took the survey. Sounds like a neat project. Perhaps add a security latch that the postal carrier could activate when they put the mail in the box?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Done. 75' is CLOSE by my measurement. Far would be a mailbox I can't see from the house (hundreds of feet or more), or even a PO box in town.

Lots of products available to alert folks when the mail arrives. It will be interesting to see a "fresh" look at the problem! Maybe something that takes advantage of new tech? Good luck!

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    I WANT to be a smart-butt, here, I just put the red flag up, and the post person, puts it down, and I know I have mail .....:popcorn: did the survey .....

I thought the red flags were to tell the postman that you had outgoing mail? :dunno:

Did the survey too. I think the idea may be too basic. If you're worried about theft, you can make it so it only opens once, and use an RFID tag to open it after that (with a reset switch inside).

I agree that FedEx/UPS signature required or expensive items are the worst. I shouldnt have to take a day off of work to get a computer/ipod/gps/any toy delivered.

Top Bottom