• ...and so much more!
  • J D

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    Fishers In
    Prayers on the way.
    Our little guy went through 4 sets of tubes in 5 years. Really helped with his problems. It was an easy procedure for him. He would be back to normal about the time the first dose of tylenol wore off.

black label

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Hobart
    My nephew gets a set of these every year it seems like. He'll feel so much better after this.

I wish you and yours the best of luck!

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    As Actaeon said, have to stay calm for the lil man. If he sees you stressed, it will only make him stress more. That being said, in the last 2 years, i have been put under more times then I can count, including at least once this weekend. I am not saying its a minor thing, especially being a parent, but he will be fine and soon enough you will have both moved on and realized what a good thing this was for him. He will be in my thoughts though and hope that all goes well

kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    Hey Jedi...prayers go out to you and your son.
    My brothers two boys had this done several times...poor guys.
    Kinda hampered some fun for them...like swimming for a while...but ultimately did help.
    It is kinda scary being put under, i just had it done on June 4th to have shots in my neck.
    But i have faith that everything will work out.

Im sure your boy is a strong healthy lad, he'll be fine! ;)

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Well its done and over. We were at the hospital by 6:50AM, he was in the room by 7AM. Several nurses doing this and that to him and finally the anestinian (??sp??) female doctor who does the sleepy stuff come in wearing PINK :drool: and give him some PINK liquid talks to us for a bit and by that point you can tell "Jedi Jr" is looking semi-drunk. :D Prior to this he was playing with some new star wars LEGO figures (he opened the box at the hospital).

So they wisk him away. "Jedi Jr"'s mom is getting all tearing eye. I pull out the DS to keep my mind occupied cause I feel like :puke: due to the hospital smell and the stress. About 10 mins later the doctor come in says he is done and everything went ok.

They bring him back in and change his sheets as he peed a bit while put to sleep. :n00b:

Once he does open his eyes the first thing out of his mouth is "Where are my people" (as in his LEGO figures). Kids got priorities I guess. :D

We where in the room for about 1 hour more, they gave him some apple juice and a few minutes later that was :puke:. :rolleyes:

On the ride home some more :puke: and him asking "what happened what is this stuff".

We are at home now and he is watching star wars lego on youtube with "his people" near him. Still can't walk straight but nurse said by evening that should be gone.

keep in mind, the nurse's assistant's usually wear pink, i bet if you ask REALLLLLY nice, the may give you some pink scrubs to wear at the next M&S (or at least use as the boo boo award!)

:drool: Yes there was several in PINK! :rockwoot:

Thanks all for the prayers. Now I need to fix the broken toilet. :faint:

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Glad to hear that everything went well. And of course he's got the priorities, seen you and mom, knew he was good enough to go, so, wheres the fun.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    I've had this procedure, it went fine. Still prayers sent.
    EDIT: Saw that all went well, im glad for you

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Just saw this thread and I'm glad all went well. Hope you are feeling much better now. Ours had her tubes in when she was a year old. That was a great decision for us. She had constant ear infections.

He'll be much better now! :)

Top Bottom